2020 NHL Stanley Cup playoffs thread

Are they going to pipe in the crowd boos when Betman awards the Cup? 

CryLikeAGoat -

I hope gets knocked out by a virtual squid. 

Hurricanes are getting shit done. Hell yeah 

CryLikeAGoat -

They've actually mentioned that they might.

MojoSoDope -

Hurricanes are getting shit done. Hell yeah 

They very quietly built a nasty, nasty lineup. If they had a goalie they'd be unstoppable. Aho is one of the best players in the game, he's filthy. Teravainen is amazing, Svechnilov has been a beast... their depth players are top notch, guys like Foegele and Staal. Their defense is great too and they're without Dougie Hamilton right now on top of it. 

knockoutfighter -
MojoSoDope -

I didnt see a single player kneeling for the anthem in this Canucks vs wild game. 

Dumba raised his hands up for both anthems this time.  Last game this the cuck that made it about all himself in the headlines, for sitting for American but standing for Canadian anthem.  

They did a piece on him during the first intermission of Game 2. I got up and went outside to water my lawn. The guy is fucking Filipino and German. So woke, and so brave. 

Canucks even the series up. Should be an exciting game 3. 

1 Like

The Canadiens are up 2-1 over Penguins in the series.  One game to go and they advance in the playoffs. 

Chicago vs Oilers is on right right. 

Even though I can’t stand the Canadiens, I can’t stand the penguins more. Hopefully they go down in 4.

coyotes surprising as well

Can someone explain to me WTF the round robin round is and how that will work out?

I am a Blues fan and have no idea WTF is going on with the schedule...thanks

I feel bad for Crosby. He creates chance after chance but no one else seems to know wtf they are doing.

Also, Marleau is a complete waste and Jack Johnson shouldn't even be on an NHL team.

Chelsea Dagger!

Pittsburgh better wake the fuck up, if the Habs win another game I'm gonna be pissed

akbar87 -
Doc_Watson -

This opening ceremony before the Hawks-Oilers game is so cringe

the part i didnt understand was a canadian kneeled for the american anthem but stood for the canadian one 

Don’t you know that racism only exists in the US.

jman -

Can someone explain to me WTF the round robin round is and how that will work out?

If I’m correct, and I’m not 100% positive, it’s just to determine the top seeds for the next round.

1 Like

Thanks, found this.

NHL Return to Play: Round-robin standings, scenarios

While the 16 teams in the qualifying round play for the right to move on, the No. 1 seeds in the Eastern Conference and Western Conference are still up for grabs in the round-robin format of the NHL's return to play.

EASTERN CONFERENCE
ROUND ROBIN
Sunday, Aug. 2: Flyers 4, Bruins 1
Monday, Aug. 3: Lightning 3, Capitals 2 (SO)
Wednesday, Aug. 5: Lightning 3, Bruins 2
Thursday, Aug. 6: Capitals vs. Flyers
Sunday, Aug. 8: Flyers vs. Lightning
Saturday, Aug. 9: Bruins vs. Capitals

Current standings
Tampa Bay Lightning (2-0-0, 4 points)
Philadelphia Flyers (1-0-0, 2 points)
Washington Capitals (0-0-1, 1 point)
Boston Bruins (0-2-0, 0 points)

WESTERN CONFERENCE
ROUND ROBIN
Sunday, Aug. 2: Avalanche 2, Blues 1
Monday, Aug. 3: Golden Knights 5, Stars 3
Wednesday, Aug. 5: Avalanche 4, Stars 0
Thursday, Aug. 6: Golden Knights vs. Blues
Saturday, Aug. 8: Golden Knights vs. Avalanche
Sunday, Aug. 9: Stars vs. Blues

Standings

Colorado Avalanche (2-0-0, 4 points)
Vegas Golden Knights (1-0-0, 2 points)
St. Louis Blues (0-1-0, 0 points)
Dallas Stars (0-1-0, 0 points)

2 Likes

Paramount Donkey -
jman -

If I’m correct, and I’m not 100% positive, it’s just to determine the top seeds for the next round.

Yea the Top 4 teams in each conference automatically advance to the next round and these round robin games are just to determine seeds 1-4.  The Blues play tonight and Sunday to determine their seed and then the real playoffs start for them after sunday's game.  

1 Like

What has been anyone’s favorite series to watch so far ? 

vancouver and wild is a physical series 

Chicago and Edmonton is also a good one. 

Canucks win 3-0. Quinn Hughes with 3 assists. This kid deserves the Calder.

Here is my totally ignorant hockey theory.

I just started watching hockey within the last decade. Never played or even skated and only got into it after going to a stanley cup game and being blown away by how crazy the crowd was.

This year I bet on the teams that don't have big crowds and good ice in the regular season. I think a team like Arizona for instance actually has an advantage in the bubble because they are used to bad ice and no crowds to use for momentum swings 

Edmonton for instance is the opposite of Arizona despite playing in their home rink. I feel that fans effect hockey momentum more than any other sport and having no crowd is going to actually factor into the results this year. In the playoffs big hits really change momentum because of the fan reactions but it's just not happening this year imo 

Flyers rolling!

Bring on TB!