2020 NHL Stanley Cup playoffs thread

Let’s go Blues!!!

1 Like

Yes as someone mentioned above the Round Robin is ONLY for the top 4 guaranteed playoff teams on each conference (8 total)

one thing to remember is the playoffs haven’t even OFFICIALLY started (it’s called the playoff qualifiers) even though these stats count as playoff records.

normally playoffs are 4 rounds with 16 teams.  This playoff format introduced 24 teams with 5 rounds.  So technically the real playoffs don’t start until next round.

the best way to look at the round Robin is as a bonus, it’s basically games for the teams that were guaranteed playoff spots to get their feet wet while the qualifier rounds are taking place, and as mentioned the seeding (which isn’t nearly as important this year without home ice advantage imo)

Jason Watts -

What has been anyone’s favorite series to watch so far ? 

vancouver and wild is a physical series 

Chicago and Edmonton is also a good one. 

I’d say Edm vs Chi.  But last night the Van vs Min game had a ton of fights and scrums!  It was epic! 

Thelonious -

Here is my totally ignorant hockey theory.

I just started watching hockey within the last decade. Never played or even skated and only got into it after going to a stanley cup game and being blown away by how crazy the crowd was.

This year I bet on the teams that don’t have big crowds and good ice in the regular season. I think a team like Arizona for instance actually has an advantage in the bubble because they are used to bad ice and no crowds to use for momentum swings 

Edmonton for instance is the opposite of Arizona despite playing in their home rink. I feel that fans effect hockey momentum more than any other sport and having no crowd is going to actually factor into the results this year. In the playoffs big hits really change momentum because of the fan reactions but it’s just not happening this year imo 

You aren’t crazy.  A lot of people feel it could be a dark horse this season.  It’s really anyone’s cup.  These guys didn’t practice as a team for many months, longer than a usually off season... so while it’s the same teams, it’s almost like a brand new season that started with playoffs.  Before Covid and lockdown I think Bruins were a heavy favorite, now I honestly have no idea who’s going to win.  

FFS 2-0…most dangerous lead in sports…now Blues down 2-3 in the 2nd.

3-3

4-3

Every game they play on NBCSN when it comes to third period they kick it over to NHL network and start airing the new game. I don’t understand.

jman - FFS 2-0...most dangerous lead in sports...now Blues down 2-3 in the 2nd.

That was a bs penalty on steen that led to a Vegas goal.

Jason Watts -

Every game they play on NBCSN when it comes to third period they kick it over to NHL network and start airing the new game. I don’t understand.

The 330 game was just considered "bonus coverage" until the 5pm game started. Its annoying though.

I AM NOT HAVING A GOOD TIME

4-4

Jesus fucking christ

4-5

4-6…I’m out

My Crom, this third period!

I can feel this in my plums. A juicy, dark hue. Ready to go to market.

Let the boy watch. LET MY SON WATCH

PDL!!!

Columbus OT winner with a 4 goal comeback. These two teams are battling. Toronto organization and fans  expects a lot with marner, Matthews, and Tavares... they don’t make it past the qualifiers there might be a shake up. 

Jason Watts -

Columbus OT winner with a 4 goal comeback. These two teams are battling. Toronto organization and fans  expects a lot with marner, Matthews, and Tavares... they don’t make it past the qualifiers there might be a shake up. 

At this point I am praying for one. Enough is enough.