2022 Toronto Blue Jays Bofficial

Jesus Christ, there’s a lot going on already!

Matt Chapman acquired today to beef up 3rd base. Going to Oakland are 2021 first-round pick Gunnar Hoglund, a right-handed pitcher. Also going to Oakland are infield prospect Kevin Smith, left-handed pitching prospect Zach Logue and left-handed reliever Kirby Snead.

Seems like a good trade for the Jays, no?

And then there’s the pitching staff pretty much firmed up with Yusei Kikuchi signed (3 years, $36 million). Not sold on him, but hopefully he’s solid.

So the rotation is looking like:
-Jose Berrios
-Kevin Gausman
-Alek Manoah
-Hyun-Jin Ryu
-Yusei Kikuchi

That leaves Nate Pearson in the bullpen, although there are some analysts saying he could turn into trade bait.

And the Freddie Freeman rumor is still alive. The Kyle Schwarber speculation died today when the Phillies signed him.

1 Like

I’m here for the gangbang.

3 Likes

@RosieODonnellsQueef

@RhinoHog

@ABCTT_GROUNDnLB

@Isaac_Fookin_Nootin

@Mike_Litoris

1 Like

@MrColdCock

@ChaosOverkill

@Wrench

@Mexican_Janitor

4 Likes

Let’s Fuckin gooooo

2 Likes

Didn’t take long for the Freddie Freeman fantasy to dry up. He’s gone to the Dodgers.

1 Like

Lots of reports out there that the Jays are still looking to trade for J Ramirez.

Would probably cost Kirk, Biggio, Pearson and something else. I’d do it in a heartbeat.

I can’t even imagine that lineup. Jesus H Christ.

1 Like
2 Likes

Pay Me GIF

2 Likes

The Jays are gonna be really fun to watch this year.

I still hate Shapiro as President, but he’s great for scouting and player development and can put together a great roster

1 Like

2 Likes

LET’S GO BLUE BIRDS!!!

It’s time for a third banner.

2 Likes

In… Chapman is gonna mvp this year… you heard it here…

1 Like

Are they looking good? I’ve got family that are fans.

1 Like

Yes, very good.

IN the early days of what should be a fun thread over the next 7 months.

3 Likes

He’s absolutely fantastic defensively, top 3 league wide, but he’s not near offensively gifted enough to put up MVP type numbers.

2 Likes

Bad last couple years with hip surgury. .280, 35 HR’s, 98 RBI’s… yeah not mvp but I’d take it… that’s my prediction.

Are the Jays looking like real championship contenders?

1 Like

Yes.

1 Like