24 Gi Chokes in Less Than 5 Min - Jason Scully

Back again!! lol,

This video was suppose to be apart of the no-gi video series that I made but then I realized it would be over 8 minutes haha and I didn't want that to happen.  I know that people generally have a low attention span. I shared this with my email list at www.grapplersguide.com a couple days ago first and so far so good.

This is just a very very small sample of gi chokes that is stored in the rolodex that I call my brain. I'm sure a lot of them are review for many of your and some are new for many of yo too.  Hopefully it can help you get some ideas and improve upon your game.  I'm sure I'll post another gi choke video in the near future. In the mean time, I hope you enjoy.

Jason Scully

P.S. PLEASE SHARE THIS AND PRESS THE THUMBS UP BUTTON AT THE END OF THE VIDEO IF YOU LIKE IT. It is really helpful to me and helps spread the word.  Thanks everyone!  

What a great video.  Thanks for posting!!  And I agree with your assessent about the highest percentage rear mount choke

Sub Phone Post

Stephan Kesting - What a great video.  Thanks for posting!!  And I agree with your assessent about the highest percentage rear mount choke

Thanks Stephan

I love these. Thanks.

Excellent overview! The bow and arrow is the only choke I will attempt on some of my larger training partners. I also learned the "Jacare" choke the same way you did, but did not pick up on the detail of putting the gi skirt in my mouth. This is perhaps an underdeveloped aspect of gripping, however like the grip on the back of the pants which tends to result in some unfortunate exposure (just rewatched mendes-braga from the 2009 world championships), I probably won't explore it too heavily.

NICE!!!! Have you done a video on half guard yet??

good stuff, thanks

nevermind, just found it

sub

I actually learned the "Jacare choke" years ago, but one question I always forgot to ask...

After feeding the gi around the neck and as you turn your body away to create the pressure for the choke, my lapel always seemed to choke me as well! LOL, I ended up using my free hand to grasp my own lapel to pull it away from my throat as I rotated. Not sure if that is the best way or not??? Suggestions?

Thanks for posting Jason, love watching your vids.

RaginRedneck169 - I actually learned the "Jacare choke" years ago, but one question I always forgot to ask...

After feeding the gi around the neck and as you turn your body away to create the pressure for the choke, my lapel always seemed to choke me as well! LOL, I ended up using my free hand to grasp my own lapel to pull it away from my throat as I rotated. Not sure if that is the best way or not??? Suggestions?

Thanks for posting Jason, love watching your vids.

Hmmm....I've never encountered that problem haha.  You might be pulling your lapel to tight or something..I'd have to play around with it to see what might be happening.

LOL, thanks for responding, I'm sure I'm making a rookie mistake. Just never figured out what it was.

great stuff as always Jasculs!!

4l8r Phone Post

killer video as always bro

redwhiteandblues - great stuff as always Jasculs!!

Thank you!

for laters

caught the bow and arrow alt version and the jacare choke first class after the video.

Thanks

12SixElbow -  caught the bow and arrow alt version and the jacare choke first class after the video.

Thanks

Awesome man...glad I can help!

Great stuff!!