26% covid tax at chicago restaurant

![](upload://jlfOLQXTaGmsk3LCUbGWdyCqPvY.jpeg)

Lol thats one way to make sure people dont go there again. 

Nope. 

I feel for businesses but fuck that noise. Instead of charging a tax they should institute like a “Gratitude incentive”. Like if you order 10 times during this time ($ minimum obviously) after the 10th time you get a free entree or something. 

Gotta be innovative during these times to keep the customers happy and cockslapping them with a bullshit tax is not the way to do it. 

I guess calling it a covid tax instead of raising your prices is more palpable? This whole quarantine has made me realize I don’t really miss restaurants. I’ve ordered from some local pizza places a couple of times but that has been it.

TzTinkle - I guess calling it a covid tax instead of raising your prices is more palpable? This whole quarantine has made me realize I don't really miss restaurants. I've ordered from some local pizza places a couple of times but that has been it.

If you raise "prices" instead of just announcing the single markup, you have to change your menus etc. You're not doing that for free or as quickly as you'd like. 

36.25% tax total!

Liberals, lol.

2 Likes

They say on the receipt it's a surcharge they added. It's not a tax. 

They should be glad that it's take out- if they were dining in, there would be another tax on top of that.

What I want to know is how do they decide on 26% specifically?

Woah, big spender!

Pizza Hut has always had a weird surcharge down here in SoCal.

1 Like
DaveFu -

That line is blank.  Ie there was no surcharge.  

Id hand them a $10 and a fuck off

EasyTapper - 
DaveFu -

That line is blank.  Ie there was no surcharge.  

The way I read it, it says “Covid 19 Surcharge” for $2.47. If “surcharge” was it’s own line item by itself, there would have been a $0.00 to the right of it.

Trust -

How do they know the customer has COVID-19? 

Discriminatory tax, I like it.

Trust - 

How do they know the customer has COVID-19? 

Those who know, KNOW!

I would either not notice if the item went from 9.50 to $12 or I’d understand, but the COVID19 surcharge I’d notice and mind.

DaveFu - 

Oh, sorry about that…“surcharge”. Nothing to see here folks, just a “surcharge”. derp derp!

is this one of the pics that turn out to be fake to outrage people?

"Excuse me waiter, I didn't order the COVID"

2 Likes