26 ft tall statue of Anubis at Denver Airport

Denver airport is already known for its extremely bizarre art themes and symbolism.

Now, a crew is installing a seven-ton, 26-foot-tall concrete sculpture of an Egyptian god at the airport.

Anubis, a statue with a jackal-head, will be built south of the Jeppesen Terminal. Anubis is the Egyptian god of death and the afterlife.

http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=140192&catid=339

Denver airport is CREEPY.

Murals with images of massive death and destruction. Murals with soldiers swinging a sword and chopping a white dove in half.

Statues that are gargoyles jumping out of a suitcase.

xcouturefan - Denver airport is CREEPY.

Murals with images of massive death and destruction. Murals with soldiers swinging a sword and chopping a white dove in half.

Statues that are gargoyles jumping out of a suitcase.

Really? that's not the sort of thing you want to see when you're going on a plane....

...and as much as we love anubis, seeing a psychopomp at the boarding gate....

People getting off all those non-stop flights from Cairo will surely think they've died along the way.

Oh, and...

WELCOME         TO         DENVER

love that giant demon horse as well.

I wonder why this is done? Why the death symbology constantly?

why is Anubis holding a candy cane? is it christmas?

our airport has some of the dumbest crap in the world. Nobody really likes any of it i think they kept the horse because the guy that made it died while building it, at least thats what i heard

They're already under fire about so much of the other stuff, why would they keep perpetuating the conspiracies/questions?

Reportedly 8 stories of underground buildings/bunkers, hiring and dismissing a ridiculous amount of builders in order to have each do a chunk without seeing the rest, the thoroughly disturbing murals and curious inscriptions, the "New World Airport Commission", all the rest... and they're STILL adding weird shit?

That place is a little creepy, man.

test

I flew into Denver for the first time last month. After reading this post I was hoping to see some of this stuff but I guess I flew in to the wrong terminal. I didn't see anything like this at all.

that machine gun one is ridiculous

ttt

2012 its coming.

wtf with that god damn autoplay

Grakman -  I flew into Denver for the first time last month. After reading this post I was hoping to see some of this stuff but I guess I flew in to the wrong terminal. I didn't see anything like this at all.

I thought some of it got taken down over the years, like the mural of the dude with the gas mask and sword?

I flew through there around 2002 or so and saw the mural with my own eyes before I'd ever heard about it. I also so the big masonic monument thingie in that one hall

weeeeird stuff. Gonna have to check this out when I'm down there this christmas.

THink they'll let me check out the secret bunkers if I tell them I'm a freemason?