29lbs in 40days... Doable?

Got a good offer for a fight gotta loose 29 in 40 days? Doable ? What say youUG Phone Post 3.0

Talk to McCorkle. He's made some pretty amazing cuts.

What is your weight now? How out of shape are you?

Didnt Forrest cut from 240?

Both guys mentioned are heavyweight, I'm 199 /- a little, I'm not obese but I did gain some weight after my last fight as I was required to be off for a month... I was never shredded but was decent tone, fights at 170 with 1lb leeway. I'm a pretty good guy when it comes to dedication/being strict on a diet. I have cut a lot in a short time before (24 in 12 days) but I was 225ish then, and felt like poop after, was also day of weigh ins, and I had no idea how to cut weight at that point. Phone Post 3.0

Check out the Chris Brennan section in the community forums, he has some great threads on cutting weight

Contact George Lockhart on Twitter @LOCKloaded or @FitVT
or his website FitnessVT.com

Don't guys do that all the time? Phone Post 3.0

Dolce diet. Phone Post 3.0

Sure, you can do it. Stay hydrated and diet off twenty of it and then cut tenish in the last day.

I know I can do it physically, just didn't know how bad it would be recovery wise Phone Post 3.0

Then why ask if it is doable? As always, recovery depends on if you do it in a shitty manner.

Very true, I guess it's more of a, how will it effect my performance type thing Srry man Phone Post 3.0

Sure, 29lbs is possible. It's actually pretty normal nowadays. But the sooner you get off the extra chunk, the better. I would shoot for a goal of being 15 lbs over with two weeks left which means you have about 4 weeks to lose 15. 1-2 gallons of water a day, 5-6 clean meals a day, stay away from white flour and sugar, eat some good carbs after workouts, and start your road work ASAP. Every day pack yourself at least one emergency meal.

The last week, switch to distilled water and consume no sodium if you're having trouble with the last 5-10 (you will be). Slowly decrease your water consumption and do workouts that are high intensity for short periods followed by small breaks. At a certain point, a simple jog at 6mph won't break a sweat. You need something like an angry 30 seconds on the battle ropes, then break for 30 and repeat.

Good luck.

OnTheO - Sure, 29lbs is possible. It's actually pretty normal nowadays. But the sooner you get off the extra chunk, the better. I would shoot for a goal of being 15 lbs over with two weeks left which means you have about 4 weeks to lose 15. 1-2 gallons of water a day, 5-6 clean meals a day, stay away from white flour and sugar, eat some good carbs after workouts, and start your road work ASAP. Every day pack yourself at least one emergency meal.

The last week, switch to distilled water and consume no sodium if you're having trouble with the last 5-10 (you will be). Slowly decrease your water consumption and do workouts that are high intensity for short periods followed by small breaks. At a certain point, a simple jog at 6mph won't break a sweat. You need something like an angry 30 seconds on the battle ropes, then break for 30 and repeat.

Good luck.
I'll vote you up as soon as I can this was the kind of advice I was hoping for, can you suggest some "good" carbs to consume? Phone Post 3.0

Mike dolce wrote a book called "three weeks to shredded" where he talks about how he cut 30 lbs in six weeks or something for one of his fights. I think he goes through what he ate and stuff, I don't know how in depth it is but it might be worth checking out Phone Post 3.0

CT81 - Mike dolce wrote a book called "three weeks to shredded" where he talks about how he cut 30 lbs in six weeks or something for one of his fights. I think he goes through what he ate and stuff, I don't know how in depth it is but it might be worth checking out Phone Post 3.0
I have that book, it's more of a story telling with a super super basic idea of what he ate and when but very open to interpretation and a lot of questions lol Phone Post 3.0

Mark Krumrine - 
OnTheO - Sure, 29lbs is possible. It's actually pretty normal nowadays. But the sooner you get off the extra chunk, the better. I would shoot for a goal of being 15 lbs over with two weeks left which means you have about 4 weeks to lose 15. 1-2 gallons of water a day, 5-6 clean meals a day, stay away from white flour and sugar, eat some good carbs after workouts, and start your road work ASAP. Every day pack yourself at least one emergency meal.

Good luck.
I'll vote you up as soon as I can this was the kind of advice I was hoping for, can you suggest some "good" carbs to consume? Phone Post 3.0

No problem. Good carbs are brown rice, whole wheat bread and pasta, beans, fruits, veggies, quinoa, etc. so a few ideas may be like an almond butter sandwich with whole wheat bread; black beans with tomatoes, cilantro and lime juice; whole wheat pasta with a little olive oil, lemon juice, spinach and tomatoes; or a fruit salad. It basically replenishes your body so that your body doesn't say fuck you and shut down its metabolism. I just make a big bowl of something twice a week them eat it for 3-4 days - I pack mine in those disposable lunch containers.

If youre allowed to and willing to use an IV to rehydrate and the weigh ins are day before you can do it.

Mark Krumrine -
CT81 - Mike dolce wrote a book called "three weeks to shredded" where he talks about how he cut 30 lbs in six weeks or something for one of his fights. I think he goes through what he ate and stuff, I don't know how in depth it is but it might be worth checking out Phone Post 3.0
I have that book, it's more of a story telling with a super super basic idea of what he ate and when but very open to interpretation and a lot of questions lol Phone Post 3.0
Hmm, he's pretty accessible I think. You might be able to send him a note and get a bit more technical information directly. Sorry that's all I've got. Good luck Phone Post 3.0