3 day solo road trip out of LA???

Have maybe 3 days to get the F out of Los Angeles starting tomorrow to do a solo road trip. Married but solo for the trip (so sadly take that into account with the recommendations).

Not sure where to go, been most places around LA: San Diego, San Francisco, Las Vegas, Palm Springs, etc.

Thoughts from the So Cal OG brethren?

Hilcrest in SD

Awesome! Just keep driving as far as you can for a day and a half, then turn around and drive back. Follow the ocean so you can enjoy the scenery and get out and breath some beautiful salt water air once in a while, and enjoy the shit out of your own company on the hwy for every fucking minute of the journey. 

I speak as someone who has had the fortunate opportunity to get away on a few epic road trips on my own, no wife, no kids and nobody to distract me from my thoughts, and my spontaneous impulses to stop whenever the fuck I felt like it, and not have to stop when I didn't.

Ironically, I just posted a link to a youtube video of one of my awesome roadtrips a few hours ago, and it's on this page somewhere if you care to check it out. Aside from the UFC event I attended which was the cause of the trip, you will get your travelling alone juices stirring when you feel that driving solitude of travelling alone down the hwy through some beautiful geography, with some kickass tunes!

I'm not going to post the link in your thread, but if you want a peak it is called 'dusting off my UFC 158 roadtrip video'. Regardless of any of my own experiences, you are going to have your own, but I strongly recommend spending as much of it as you can on open hwys travelling through gorgeous landscape if you have the option.

Enjoy the shit out of it! I love my wife and kids, and love travelling with them also, but nothing really compares to that self time on the road!

you could go out to NV, AZ, even UT, no problem.

or you could go death valley, see the redwoods, yellowstone, etc.

sgotwalks - 

Awesome! Just keep driving as far as you can for a day and a half, then turn around and drive back. Follow the ocean so you can enjoy the scenery and get out and breath some beautiful salt water air once in a while, and enjoy the shit out of your own company on the hwy for every fucking minute of the journey. 

I speak as someone who has had the fortunate opportunity to get away on a few epic road trips on my own, no wife, no kids and nobody to distract me from my thoughts, and my spontaneous impulses to stop whenever the fuck I felt like it, and not have to stop when I didn't.

Ironically, I just posted a link to a youtube video of one of my awesome roadtrips a few hours ago, and it's on this page somewhere if you care to check it out. Aside from the UFC event I attended which was the cause of the trip, you will get your travelling alone juices stirring when you feel that driving solitude of travelling alone down the hwy through some beautiful geography, with some kickass tunes!

I'm not going to post the link in your thread, but if you want a peak it is called 'dusting off my UFC 158 roadtrip video'. Regardless of any of my own experiences, you are going to have your own, but I strongly recommend spending as much of it as you can on open hwys travelling through gorgeous landscape if you have the option.

Enjoy the shit out of it! I love my wife and kids, and love travelling with them also, but nothing really compares to that self time on the road!

I drove to chicago in under 2 days..u can get far if you put your mind to it...my chick made it coast to coast in 32 hours

Vegas?? Phone Post 3.0

Drive up PCH (Highway 1)

Amazing scenery

Thanks I've actually driven up North quite a ways on PCH and even headed through Oregon, Idaho and Utah (amazing stuff, unreal).

I might just take the advice and fuck it...get on the 405...head South and see where the fuck I end up. I'll bring my passport depending on how far I go (although Mexico scares the shit out of me lately).

Maybe I'll make a thread on my jouney...let's see how I'm feeling tomorrow when I'm sober.

Thanks for the feedback!

Tijuana, Ensenada, Rosarito.

Big Sur Phone Post 3.0

I've flown to Cancun and driven to Mexicali about 5 years ago but never been to Tijuana...

Seriously...honestly...white 40 something year old American dude riding solo in his 2006 Toyota driving to Mexico...this doesn't sound like a happy ending...more like a future episode of "Forensic Files" or "Dateline".

UGCTT_Dinamita - Big Sur Phone Post 3.0

Ohhh...this might be a nice possibility...missed this on my previous up North PCH trip

RoFu -

Drive up PCH (Highway 1)

Amazing scenery

This. All the way up to Washington and Back just don't know if you'll make it back in 3days but still worth the view. I can't do a road trip solo man I'd go nuckin futs but good luck. Phone Post 3.0

My vote is Northern California on beauty alone. If you don't mind driving even more go to Portland or somewhere in Oregon. Vegas takes so much energy to do. I've never fallen asleep before 5 am. Fuck Arizona and their laws. New Mexico lol. I would not go to Mexico either. Phone Post 3.0

jman - I've flown to Cancun and driven to Mexicali about 5 years ago but never been to Tijuana...

Seriously...honestly...white 40 something year old American dude riding solo in his 2006 Toyota driving to Mexico...this doesn't sound like a happy ending...more like a future episode of "Forensic Files" or "Dateline".

"All he wanted was a relaxing road-trip, to get away from the hussle and bussle of his busy life in Los Angeles... But he got far more than he bargained for... His charred, limbless body found 6-weeks later by garbage pickers at the Tijuana municipal dump. --We'll return to Bloodbath at the Taco Stand, in a minute."

shen - 
jman - I've flown to Cancun and driven to Mexicali about 5 years ago but never been to Tijuana...

"All he wanted was a relaxing road-trip, to get away from the hussle and bussle of his busy life in Los Angeles... But he got far more than he bargained for... His charred, limbless body found 6-weeks later by garbage pickers at the Tijuana municipal dump. --We'll return to Bloodbath at the Taco Stand, in a minute."

lol

nice

shen -

Haha, creepy old white haired guy Phone Post 3.0

make sure you get mexican insurance if you drive south..and i wouldnt take my own car..too many stories of gringo's getting fucked royally driving SOTB

Big Sur. F Mexico, brah! Phone Post 3.0

dimesnake - Big Sur. F Mexico, brah! Phone Post 3.0

i wasnt impressed with big sur or carmel..if going that way, go to mavericks and see killer waves