3 fighters coming off losses get title shots

shermbe - Edgar - Loses to Ben Henderson (twice), gets a shot at Aldo

Chael - Loses to Anderson, gets a shot at Jones

Diaz - Loses to Condit, gets a shot at GSP.

i'm not mad, i just love how the UFC doesn't give a fuck and just wants to put on exciting fights.

I actually think it's great the UFC wants to put on those exciting fights... haha Phone Post

well in a lot of people's eyes, Edgar won his last two fights.

I personally though Edgar won both fights with Henderson.

orcus - 

Chael is the ridiculous one.

Edgar lost a close, somewhat controversial decision in a title fight at 155, so it's not outlandish that he gets a title shot in a lower division.

Nick lost a close, very controversial decision to determine the title shot, so no surprise that he gets his chance next.

This.

i'm not mad, i just love how the UFC doesn't give a fuck and just wants to put on exciting fights.

That's the upside, with the acception of Gael vs jones, all o those fights are awesome Phone Post

orcus -

Chael is the ridiculous one.

Edgar lost a close, somewhat controversial decision in a title fight at 155, so it's not outlandish that he gets a title shot in a lower division.

Nick lost a close, very controversial decision to determine the title shot, so no surprise that he gets his chance next.

I still don't wee the condit fight being that controversial. But I agree with what you are trying to say Phone Post

Whilst the Diaz condit fight was close and could have gone either way, he still tested positive for weed so there's no way he'd be interim champ as he'd still be on suspension. That shit would have been a no contest and condit prob would have fought and beat someone else for interim title. Phone Post

This is the one thing that will hold the UFC back.
Until they have a proper ranking system it will never be fully accepted. Phone Post

It has more to do with wanting to put on fights that make money than it does with fights that are exiting. Phone Post

I thought Frankie won the first fight right after it happened. Afterwards, I reconciled myself with the fact that it was a close, but clear win for Henderson. Frankie clearly won the second, IMO.

With Diaz, it's impossible to deny the controversy. People of good faith and good intelligence on both sides think it's a clear win for both guys. (I think 1-2-5 is by far the most compelling argument).

I have no problem with any of those fights! Sucks for those dudes thinking they're next in line. Phone Post

i think the concept of losing a well fought fight and a close battle against a decidely tough competitor being viewed as a display of ability rather than a lack of it should be respected.

I think both Hendricks and Diaz deserve shots. Diaz vs Condit wasn't a blow out in either direction and Condit did more legitimate damage to GSP than any contender in a long time.

Hendricks is riding a bigger high right now but Diaz was slated for the fight earlier, and yeah he messed it up...but the fans still want that fight more than they do the Hendricks one.

When you have two legitimate courses of action as a business, and it's a matter of sequence not either/or, and one of them is guaranteed to make headlines and money while also helping to put the ego of an emerging talent in check...well...the decision is easy.

The funny thing is the only challenger for the top belts with a win streak is Cain Velasquez and he only had to win one fight before getting his rematch after being KO'd in 64 seconds.