3 weeks till tournament

i have 3 tournaments comeing up in 3 weeks. 2 of them in the third week then the other on the next week.

i train 6days a week 2 hours a day. i want to get more endurance/strength. i rather work more on the endurance because i don't think 3 weeks is enough time to get stronger. would doing intervals & bwe be a waste of time? or should i just stick to rolling in class?

I would say put pressure sessions at the top of your list trying to recreate as far as possible the stress you are going to encounter. Limit your general sparring at this stage- your resouces should be concentrated on high level performance. Work drills and sparring under pressure within the limits of your recovery.

Depending upon your recovery from the above then and only then consider some hybrid running/weights or crossfit type sessions. Remember that endurance is highly activity specific and is not really a discrete entity that can be trained and easily transferred to
another activity.

okay cool.

so in other words i should concentrate more on the moves that im actully gonna use come tournament time & stick more to technique & rolling.

thanks i think i'll work more on rolling & technique. and i'll try to always stay busy in class.

Hey Toeism, just keep rolling like you said. One thing you should do is to focus on things that give you problems, ask your training partners if your not sure. For example if your not good at takedowns work your sprawl, guard, and guillotine (sp) etc. Just make sure your working all things, because chances are if you get stuck in a position that your not used to you could be in trouble. Best of luck

P.S. What tournys are you doing?

What I am suggesting is that you should try to arrange high pressure match like sparring not just general rolling. I realise that this may be difficult within the context of normal class training but beg or pay
your classmates to assist at the end or outside class if necessary. The idea is to familiarise yourself with
the intensity you are going to face. Try something like 3-5 x 2-3minutes with a minute rest depending on the length of bouts and your condition, 3 times a week.

If you are recovery well by all means add a conditioning session or two but this ancillary to the above and not a substitute.

oh okay i got you now peterfield,

im going to n.a.g.a. gi,nogi & then i have the liberty bell the next week