30 day Kettlebell Challenge starting Monday 4/30

In.  Starting back up on a routine created by anther OGer on Monday but could use the motivation/accountability

FETT_Loadin76_TFK - 

Would this kill a fat person?

Asking for a friend :(

Just use a lighter KB until you see how you fare.

Not to make things too complicated, but this is another good “minimalist” kettlebell workout based on Pavel Tsatsouline’s Program Minimum program from Enter the Kettlebell:

It would seem picking the workout that best suits your current condition out of the ones listed would be optimal.

I can’t even fathom doing 100 cleans/squats/presses in a single workout right now. Whats the set/rep breakdown for that one? Seems to be like a mini-10,000 swing workout in and of itself.

"I can't even fathom doing 100 cleans/squats/presses in a single workout right now."

He explained it in the OP. 10 with one hand, 10 with the other for a total of 20. Do that 5 times for 100. Nothing says you have to go thru it non-stop!! Rest for 30-60 seconds inbetween.

sub

pfsjkd -
ChazThundergut - 
pfsjkd -
AlphaSlap - 

That's pretty intense for KB work.

Kudos if you can make it through 30 days.

Every year I do "10,000 swing challenge" from Dan John.  Thinking I may start up this week.

Good luck OP

I do the 10,000 KB swing twice per year (or so I promised myself. I'm late now). Such a goddamn gut check.

But I like the sound of OP's workout but I'm coming off a bad cold and don't think I will be up to start Monday. However, I may try and start it next monday. I'll let you know. Voted up.

10,000??? Holy shit. How does that even work?

And yes you should totally jump on.

Here's the lay down for the 10,000 KB swing challenge. It sounds intimidating, and it will leave your asshole sucking buttermilk, but it's doable. First time I did it I started with a 35 lb KB. Halfway thru I started working in a 45 lb. Second time I did it, I only used the 45 lb.

Workout for 1 day:

10 swings

2 dips OR 1 pullup OR 5 pushups

15 swings

3 dips OR 2 pullups OR 5 pushups

25 swings

5 dips OR 3 pullups OR 5 pushups

50 swings

Rest 2-3 mins

That totals 100 swings. Repeat the above 4 more times (for a total of 5) to equal 500 swings. That's one day.

Perform the above on Mon, Tues, Thurs, and Fri. Rest on Wed, Sat, and Sun. In 5 weeks you'll have done 10,000 swings. The idea is to NOT do the same strength exercise inbetween the swing sets each day. Mix it up. For example, I would do dips on Mon and Thurs, pullups on Tues and Fri.

There's an option to finish the 10,000 swings in 4 weeks vs 5. You add 500 swings to Saturday with NO STRENGTH EXERCISE. Just swings. But that's too hard core for my old ass.

I’m currently doing this right now, but with a twist, with a recommendation from bullneck.

the program was restructured later recommending you donsets of 35,15,35,15 instead of 10,15,25,50.

anywho I’ll do:

35 swings

35 push-ups

350meter row

15 swings

15 push-ups 

150 meter rkw

etc...

Darth Potato -
pfsjkd -
ChazThundergut - 
pfsjkd -
AlphaSlap - 

That's pretty intense for KB work.

Kudos if you can make it through 30 days.

Every year I do "10,000 swing challenge" from Dan John.  Thinking I may start up this week.

Good luck OP

I do the 10,000 KB swing twice per year (or so I promised myself. I'm late now). Such a goddamn gut check.

But I like the sound of OP's workout but I'm coming off a bad cold and don't think I will be up to start Monday. However, I may try and start it next monday. I'll let you know. Voted up.

10,000??? Holy shit. How does that even work?

And yes you should totally jump on.

Here's the lay down for the 10,000 KB swing challenge. It sounds intimidating, and it will leave your asshole sucking buttermilk, but it's doable. First time I did it I started with a 35 lb KB. Halfway thru I started working in a 45 lb. Second time I did it, I only used the 45 lb.

Workout for 1 day:

10 swings

2 dips OR 1 pullup OR 5 pushups

15 swings

3 dips OR 2 pullups OR 5 pushups

25 swings

5 dips OR 3 pullups OR 5 pushups

50 swings

Rest 2-3 mins

That totals 100 swings. Repeat the above 4 more times (for a total of 5) to equal 500 swings. That's one day.

Perform the above on Mon, Tues, Thurs, and Fri. Rest on Wed, Sat, and Sun. In 5 weeks you'll have done 10,000 swings. The idea is to NOT do the same strength exercise inbetween the swing sets each day. Mix it up. For example, I would do dips on Mon and Thurs, pullups on Tues and Fri.

There's an option to finish the 10,000 swings in 4 weeks vs 5. You add 500 swings to Saturday with NO STRENGTH EXERCISE. Just swings. But that's too hard core for my old ass.

I’m currently doing this right now, but with a twist, with a recommendation from bullneck.

the program was restructured later recommending you donsets of 35,15,35,15 instead of 10,15,25,50.

anywho I’ll do:

35 swings

35 push-ups

350meter row

15 swings

15 push-ups 

150 meter rkw

etc...

I like the different progression. The set of 50 swings always blows. But adding all the other shit in between is too much for me. 

In

Time to try something new.  Get ups suck ... or at least my form does.  It’s worth a try.  

In

Sub. 

This is way too easy lol. Like s warm up for s work out. Try following the extreme kettle bell workout DVD but do it Mon Wed Friday

Neil McCauley - This is way too easy lol. Like s warm up for s work out. Try following the extreme kettle bell workout DVD but do it Mon Wed Friday

We got a bad ass.

Neil McCauley - This is way too easy lol. Like s warm up for s work out. Try following the extreme kettle bell workout DVD but do it Mon Wed Friday

Well, you are right in a way. If you're already in shape and already working out, this kettlebell routine would not be enough to be your entire workout. If that is the case, you could simply add it to your morning routine as a morning wake-up/ warm-up.

But if you are a beginner or you've fallen out of shape, I can assure you this is not an easy routine. You are probably in very top condition, but for most people 100 kettlebell clean/ squat/ press is not going to be a cakewalk. I did a few practice workouts with my 53 lb bell and nearly puked. Obviously I am a fat ass that's why I'm doing this challenge. But you are misleading people, especially beginners, if you say it's easy. It is not.

In

Man I'm pumped. I'm all in. I bought a kettle bell a few moths ago and then hurt my back (unrelated) and there it sits. I'm good to go now and about 10-15 lbs heavy, so let's do this shít.

sewich -

We got a bad ass.

I can do this entire week of workouts in about 20 minutes. Seriously one workout of the extreme kettlebell dvd is more volume and its an hour. This is a joke.

ChazThundergut -

Well, you are right in a way. If you're already in shape and already working out, this kettlebell routine would not be enough to be your entire workout. If that is the case, you could simply add it to your morning routine as a morning wake-up/ warm-up.

But if you are a beginner or you've fallen out of shape, I can assure you this is not an easy routine. You are probably in very top condition, but for most people 100 kettlebell clean/ squat/ press is not going to be a cakewalk. I did a few practice workouts with my 53 lb bell and nearly puked. Obviously I am a fat ass that's why I'm doing this challenge. But you are misleading people, especially beginners, if you say it's easy. It is not.

I am in very good shape but honestly how long do those 100 take? 50 a side. 5 minute? Thats 1 every 3 seconds. 5 min is not a workout. Better than nothing for sure. 

Charles Barkley -

Charles Barkley wilding it up in this mother fucker...