32% on a poll believe Rampage took a dive

On a poll on MMA Junkie, 32% of people believe Rampage took a dive against Fedor.

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2019/12/rampage-jackson-fixed-fight-fedor-emelianenko-bellator-237-backlash-response

As of now, 3829 people have voted. So about 1225 say it was a dive.

Such a controversial opinion, yet a third of the mma fans voting think the fight was BS.

:)

3 Likes

I don't think it was a "dive". I think it was just Rampage being a fat fuck for this fight and the minute he felt a hard punch he decided he was gonna quit. But I wouldn't call that a dive.

18 Likes
Angry Ram -

I dunno the shot that hit him was right on the temple and it can be a delayed reaction, I think he was legit done 

Rampage was completely paralyzed mid air from that shot. lol you don't get paralyzed and fall unless you are out cold.

And Ramage wasn't out cold cause he was shaking his head lmao

Terrible acting.

2 Likes

We know fedor can still put some velocity on that right hand. However the head shaking on the ground looked like rampage was selling it. Then his overall shape and you can't blame people for feeling that he was giving less than an honest effort and was looking for a way out 

2 Likes
I'mNotSurprisedMotherf**kers -

I don't think it was a "dive". I think it was just Rampage being a fat fuck for this fight and the minute he felt a hard punch he decided he was gonna quit. But I wouldn't call that a dive.

1225 people would call it a dive, so far.

I highly doubt that many people would say the same for a fight like Adesanya vs Gastelum lmao

Since when does rampage quit on a single punch? lol. Please name me one time in his 20 year career where he flat out quit from a single strike, bob sapp style.

and he was up on 1 leg. shot sounded like a pro wrasslin mat stomp/punch when it him

pharochuck -

We know fedor can still put some velocity on that right hand. However the head shaking on the ground looked like rampage was selling it. Then his overall shape and you can't blame people for feeling that he was giving less than an honest effort and was looking for a way out 

we have two mods who aren't buying it!

Thank you fabes and pharochuck

1 Like

A "third of mma fans" who frequent sites like mmajunkie. 

3 Likes
Em Em Eh -

I barely frequent mma junkie at all, but i voted

the headline probably brought a lot of mma fans (who dont normally check out the site) to the page, who saw the poll and voted, plain and simple

1 Like
branchdavidian - and he was up on 1 leg. shot sounded like a pro wrasslin mat stomp/punch when it him

yep

The Immortal One -

I highly doubt that many people would say the same for a fight like Adesanya vs Gastelum lmao

Since when does rampage quit on a single punch? lol. Please name me one time in his 20 year career where he flat out quit from a single strike, bob sapp style.

Never, but I always thought Jon Jones sunk in that rear naked choke way too easily.

In my opinion that punch didn't damage him enough to go down. 

I think he decided he wanted to quit and went down by his own volition and made it look like it was a knockdown. 

If that is considered a dive then I guess that's a dive. But I don't see that as a "dive".

To me, a dive is a guy going into a fight knowing that he's gonna throw it and wait for his opportunity to take a dive. I don't think that's what happened, but who the fuck knows.

The Immortal One -

Never, but I always thought Jon Jones sunk in that rear naked choke way too easily.

I think he decided he wanted to quit and went down by his own volition and made it look like it was a knockdown. 

If that is considered a dive then I guess that's a dive. But I don't see that as a "dive".

jon jones actually explained how he baited rampage on that RNC and tricked him, it was on a post fight interview

""I think he decided he wanted to quit and went down by his own volition and made it look like it was a knockdown."

If that is considered a dive then I guess that's a dive. But I don't see that as a "dive""

I see what you mean, but

I see it as a dive because rampage was definitley getting paid extra money for it. There is no reason for rampage to even ACCEPT a fight with fedor if he's going to not even train a day (looks of his body he didn't) and go out there and look terrible. There's nothing to gain for him except a huge extra paycheck

Sounds about right. I was giving it about a 35% chance of being a dive, but that's when I thought it was Fedor's retirement fight so perhaps a bit lower than that.

The Immortal One -
The Immortal One -

jon jones actually explained how he baited rampage on that RNC and tricked him, it was on a post fight interview

""I think he decided he wanted to quit and went down by his own volition and made it look like it was a knockdown."

If that is considered a dive then I guess that's a dive. But I don't see that as a "dive""

I see what you mean, but

I see it as a dive because rampage was definitley getting paid extra money for it. There is no reason for rampage to even ACCEPT a fight with fedor if he's going to not even train a day (looks of his body he didn't) and go out there and look terrible. There's nothing to gain for him except a huge extra paycheck

You might be right. I don't know...

1 Like

4063 people have voted: 32% still saying it's a dive

1300 people

1 Like
The Immortal One -
The Immortal One -

I see what you mean, but

You might be right. I don't know...

thanks for being open minded

The Immortal One -
Em Em Eh -

the headline probably brought a lot of mma fans (who dont normally check out the site) to the page, who saw the poll and voted, plain and simple

Fair point good sir.

1 Like
Em Em Eh -
The Immortal One -
Em Em Eh -

Fair point good sir.

thank you sir

MMA fans are idiots and have bad opinions. Not a secret.

4 Likes
RKing85 - MMA fans are idiots and have bad opinions. Not a secret.

they also love to troll.

1 Like