9 Likes

I remember when🤗

3 Likes

Good post OP.

4 Likes

Much better than REO Speedfagoon

1 Like

I love .38 Special.
When you listen to a compilation album of theirs, you realize they actually had a lot of really good songs - not just Caught up in You and Hold on Loosely (which are both fantastic).

4 Likes

Oh yeah absolutely

2 Likes

I think they are very underrated. Hold on loosely is a classic. I always loved Caught up in you. They have a few other songs that were great, but never had commercial success.

2 Likes

I was hoping this was where to find some…

1 Like

so weird they were “southern rock” early on when you consider the big hits

saw them open for skynyrd in '77 with ronnies little brother donnie still fronting the band

Jeff Carlisi plays dobro on four walls of raiford

2 Likes

Those two songs were co-written by Jim Peterik, keyboardist and founder of Survivor. He also co-wrote ‘Rockin’ into the Night’.

2 Likes

Up until recently, I had always assumed Survior was a one-hit wonder and didn’t realize a lot of their other hits were by them. Always thought they were by some other bands. Just goes to show you how unique Eye of the Tiger was.

1 Like

One of my favorite bands of that era. Very underrated, and a band that doesn’t get their proper recognition.

1 Like
2 Likes

Way underrated

1 Like

You and god damn me both

Very fucking underrated

They did have a few other songs that did alright though like second chance

Also Donnie Van Zant was partly responsible for the formation of the band brother of Ronnie Van Zant

Agreed

Oh that’s a good one