38 year old fighters that made comebacks

I am all in for seeing Fedor come back especially in the UFC. However I can't help but think about him being 38 years old.

Randy Couture is a fighter that achieved greatness when he was up there in age.

What other fighters achieved this?

Letibleu - I am all in for seeing Fedor come back especially in the UFC. However I can't help but think about him being 38 years old.

TRT-less environment now; Randy's comeback(s) might be different if attempted today.

Werdum is 37..every fighter in the heavyweight top 15 is over 30 years old sans #15 Stefan struve who is 27

George Foreman made a comeback at 45 and beat 27 year old Michael Moorer

Mir is 36..so is arlovski. Hell even mitrione is 37

CRE - Mir is 36..so is arlovski. Hell even mitrione is 37

Good point. It seems like the key to these 37 year old heavyweights is taking a step back at 35 and letting body heal.

GSPsShadyHandWraps - George Foreman made a comeback at 45 and beat 27 year old Michael Moorer

He started his comeback well before 45 Phone Post 3.0

Had no idea Meathead was that old.  Wow.

Give it a few years and then we can add Chael to the list.

I'm not very excited unless he gets into the UFC. His management will cherry pick weird match ups that have little or no relevance. Phone Post 3.0

SamVDW - I'm not very excited unless he gets into the UFC. His management will cherry pick weird match ups that have little or no relevance. Phone Post 3.0
Sylvia, Werdum, Arlovski, Silva and Rogers were all top 10 contenders and he fought them outside of the UFC and after Pride ceased to exist.

I wish he would stay retired. If he doesn't though, I hope he signs with the UFC. Phone Post 3.0

Dan Henderson? After kind of being forgotten about after leaving the UFC, losing to Jake Shields, and not holding in kind of belt in 3 years - Dan Henderson at 40 years old won the LHW Strikeforce belt over a top ten LHW, then a couple of months later KO'd the GOAT Fedor, then a couple of months after that had the fight of the year win over Rua in the UFC. Was posed to fight JBJ for the UFC LHW belt before injuring his knee.

Thingading - Dan Henderson? After kind of being forgotten about after leaving the UFC, losing to Jake Shields, and not holding in kind of belt in 3 years - Dan Henderson at 40 years old won the LHW Strikeforce belt over a top ten LHW, then a couple of months later KO'd the GOAT Fedor, then a couple of months after that had the fight of the year win over Rua in the UFC. Was posed to fight JBJ for the UFC LHW belt before injuring his knee.
That wasn't a comeback in the sense that he hadn't been fighting for an extended period of time. That's just ups and downs in a career IMO. Phone Post 3.0

Letibleu - I am all in for seeing Fedor come back especially in the UFC. However I can't help but think about him being 38 years old.

Couture had TRT, and maybe HGH.

He also didn't have the miles on him (When Couture was 38) that Fedor does.

I just want to see him come out to Song of the Volga Boatmen in the UFC, would be epic.

Samoa - 
Thingading - Dan Henderson? After kind of being forgotten about after leaving the UFC, losing to Jake Shields, and not holding in kind of belt in 3 years - Dan Henderson at 40 years old won the LHW Strikeforce belt over a top ten LHW, then a couple of months later KO'd the GOAT Fedor, then a couple of months after that had the fight of the year win over Rua in the UFC. Was posed to fight JBJ for the UFC LHW belt before injuring his knee.
That wasn't a comeback in the sense that he hadn't been fighting for an extended period of time. That's just ups and downs in a career IMO. Phone Post 3.0

You're probably right, it's just that OP's thread title seems pretty open ended, which is why I threw this in. I just remember Hendo kind of falling off everyone's radar after leaving the UFC and losing to Shields. Some thought might be close to being done after the Shields fight.

I dont want to point fingers specifically but i believe fedor is the perfect example of an athlete who ages naturally. Some of these other older guys who dont seem to age you have to wonder about Phone Post 3.0

Thingading -
Samoa - 

You're probably right, it's just that OP's thread title seems pretty open ended, which is why I threw this in. I just remember Hendo kind of falling off everyone's radar after leaving the UFC and losing to Shields. Some thought might be close to being done after the Shields fight.
I see your point though. He made a run at an advanced age. Hell he might be starting ANOTHER run. Phone Post 3.0

Samoa -

TRT-less environment now; Randy's comeback(s) might be different if attempted today.

Are you saying The Natural wasn't natural?? Phone Post 3.0

Samoa - 
Thingading -
Samoa - 

I see your point though. He made a run at an advanced age. Hell he might be starting ANOTHER run. Phone Post 3.0

Now how cool would THAT be? After recently destroying the #13 MW in 28 seconds, I figured they'd give him a top 10 guy next, and if he wins that, a top 5er. Guess we'll see...

George Foreman regained the heavyweight championship of the world at 45 years old.

That's no easy task.