3rd Daily Movie Thread: 8MM 1999

Very underrated movie. I have seen it more times than I count. 

Nicolas Cage was very good in this. You can tell it was before he had money problems and stopped being picky. 

Joel Schumacher needed a screwed up move palate cleanser after making the terrible Batman & Robin in 1997. 

Joaquin Phoenix and James Gandolfini right before they blew up with Gladiator and The Sopranos. 

A few other solid actors are in it and I don't want to spoil the movie for anyone who hasn't seen it.

The movie just nails the atmosphere and mood of this film. 

I also liked that it was one of the few movies that showed how a private investigator really works (with a near unlimited budget.)

Definitely not a feel-good movie an probably only safe to watch with the dirty girl in your life. 

5 Likes
Inaugural Daily Movie Thread: Porky's DaveFu OtherGround Forums 17 hours ago
Briscoe
48 2598
2nd Daily Movie Thread: Better Off Dead 1985 DaveFu OtherGround Forums 18 hours ago
BarkLikeADog
41 1567

That movie fucked with alot of people's heads.

Haven't seen it in years. I remember that I thought it was 10/10 except for one part that bugged me, can't remember what my problem was.

Kill them Machine, kill them all.

SteelyRes211 - Kill them Machine, kill them all.

He's no gimp! 

Dark. But good movie. Story wise it is very underrated.

It's not one of those movies you bring up in casual conversation with strangers because of the subject matter. 

COME TO DADDY

I prefer A Serbian Film for my snuff fix.

IronHands - 

I don't like heaping piles of necrophilia and incest in my snuff films. I'm kind of a prude. 

I rented this movie when I was in high school, terrified me...Machine....fuck that guy. 

DaveFu -
IronHands - 

I don't like heaping piles of necrophilia and incest in my snuff films. I'm kind of a prude. 

Come on, now. That machete donkey punch was rather avant garde.

fuck you

fuck that movie

one of those movies you only watch 1 time. requiem for a dream, 8mm

HTMNDN - 

fuck you

fuck that movie

one of those movies you only watch 1 time. requiem for a dream, 8mm

Shit, I didn't produce it! 

really great movie i have seen a handful of times
yes it was very dark content but really well done

To support, here am I.

Doesn't 8MM have Halle Berry's tits in it?

mysteryman - 

To support, here am I.

Doesn't 8MM have Halle Berry's tits in it?

That's Monster's Ball or Swordfish

Excellent movie. 

Good movie. Good thread. Good times. 

Definitely fucked with my head when I first saw it....that scene in the X rated "video store" I always thought was EXTRA creepy, almost seemed like a real place they just found for the film