4 JINX.

We are made in Gods Image...and Likeness...God is a spiritual being with emotions...we as humans have the same attributes...Love, compassion, anger, jealousy ect...we are made in his likeness because when God looked into the distance future he seen himself as Jesus...so god made adam and eve after the image of Jesus(God)...

as for how long the earth has existed is up for speculation. As for humans we have existed on earth for just about 6 thousand years, that is if you put your faith in the Word of God. You can trace the lineage from Adam to Jesus.

So from Adam to Abraham (20 generations)is 2000 years...from Abraham to Jesus(55 generations) is 2000 years....from Jesus to present day is 2000 years...add them up and you have 6000 years...

Man was created on the 6th day...one might presume that billions of years passed untill the sixth day was reached...or where they literal days...if they are literal days then the Earth is only 5 days older than man...

another might bring up the verse in...2Peter 3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

just a perspective from a Christian.

I attempted to post on your thread to no avail...I really wanted to share this concerning the discussion on your thread.

god is sort of a dark beige.

Semitic. His name is Jesus and He was a Jew. Jesus is the "expressed image" of the invisible God. If God's invisible face could be "imprinted" the image would be Jesus (sort of like a shroud of turnin imprint).

He is the face of the father, the heartbeat of the father, the arm of the father...

right, & jesus was...dark beige.

i win AGAIN!!!

^LOL