40% Of COVID Hospitalizations Are Vaccinated! LOL!

This is England but I’m sure our stats are similar. Seems worth it! LOL!

Around 6 in 10 of those requiring hospital treatment are unvaccinated, the government’s chief scientific adviser has said.

Speaking at a Downing Street press conference on Monday, Sir Patrick Vallance said it was “inevitable” that the proportion of people being admitted to hospitals who have had both jabs will increase.

It comes as most remaining lockdown measures were eased in England as cases continue to rise.

The government has justified easing measure by arguing that the vaccine program is helping to sever the link between catching the virus and serious illness and death.

Rebecca Speare-Cole

Mon, July 19, 2021, 10:16 AM·4 min read

In this article:

Chief Scientific Adviser to the UK Government

New Zealand racehorse breeder

Chief scientific adviser Sir Patrick Vallance, during a media briefing in Downing Street, London. ¶

This article was amended after Sir Patrick Vallance corrected an earlier statement in which he initially said 60% of hospitalisations were double vaccinated people

Around 6 in 10 of those requiring hospital treatment are unvaccinated, the government’s chief scientific adviser has said.

Speaking at a Downing Street press conference on Monday, Sir Patrick Vallance said it was “inevitable” that the proportion of people being admitted to hospitals who have had both jabs will increase.

It comes as most remaining lockdown measures were eased in England as cases continue to rise.

The government has justified easing measure by arguing that the vaccine program is helping to sever the link between catching the virus and serious illness and death.

Read: UK hits highest rate of COVID cases in the world as all restrictions lift on ‘Freedom Day’

About 36 million - or 68% - of all adults have add the second jab, while 48 million - 88% of adults - have had one jab.

But recent figures show that the number of people, who have received both doses and are catching the virus with some then being hospitalised, is rising.

On Monday, according to the latest government figures, 742 people were admitted with COVID. That means the total admitted in the past seven days stands at 4,317 - an increase of 40% on the previous week.

6 Likes

Keep trusting the government

6 Likes

I dont like the LOL, LOL!

1 Like

LOL

4 Likes

It’s because the unvaccinated aren’t getting vaccinated to protect the vaccinated!

22 Likes

68% of people are fully vaccinated. And yet only 40% of total hospitalized people are vaccinated. That’s a pretty good risk reduction but certainly not full proof

3 Likes

i wouldn’t consider it enough of a risk reduction to take an experimental vaccine where the manufacturers can’t even be held liable for any adverse effects.

27 Likes

Their vaccine sucks

6 Likes

if you vaccinate 680 people out of a population of 1,000.
And 100 people end up in the hospital.
40 of those people (out of 680) would be vaccinated (a 6% rate of hospitalization) vs 60 out of 320 (a 19% rate of hospitalization).

edit: and this calculation does not take into impact the age stratification of the vaccinated vs unvaccinated which would have a significant impact as Mataleo1 points out

6 Likes

Mark Wahlberg Reaction GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

13 Likes

I am not against covid vaccines i will most likely take Covaxin if it is ever available in the US. Just don’t like the options on the market right now.

1 Like

Considering that 93% of the over 70 yo are vaccinated, you can count that as a pretty good risk reduction…

3 Likes

Ive seen other datatrying to spin it by saying there are almost no vaccinated people under 40 who are hospitalized, and that almost all the hospitalized vaccinated people are over 60…but to me that paints an even worse picture since people over 60 are the ones who actually need the vaccine to work most, if its failing them so much how is that not evidence of vaccine failure?

My main question is what are the absolute numbers? You could say that 60% of hospitalized patients are over 60 and fully vaccinated and that sounds horrible, but if we’re talking about a total of 60 hospitalized people, 36 of which are vaccinated, and that’s 36 people out of 8 million, then thats a very different picture from what the 60% figure presents. (I just made up those numbers as an example)

I gave the example of Israel on the AMA thread.

If 100% are vaccinated and 60 out of 300,000,00 die from Covid then all 60 out of the 60 or 100% died after being vaccinated. Guess they shouldn’t have gotten vaccinated.

1 Like

Point is obvious that if the majority are vaccinated like the elderly then one cant say something that 85% of elderly deaths occurred in those that got vaccinated thus they shouldn’t have gotten the vaccine.

if it is uk they probably had the AZ vaccine not Moderna or Pfizer

LOL at getting a fake ass vaccination for a man made new version of the flu. No vaccination here and I have been around more COVID positive people that the majority of the OG, without a mask.

8 Likes

Also a good point. I’ll try to a stats analysis a little later

My local news said 97% of those hospitalized with covid in the US are not vaccinated. Quite different stats…

1 Like