41 years old, no camp incredible

Not an exciting fight, but to say that DC could not finish Anderson and silva actually hurt DC is nothing short of amazing. A true fighter! Mad respect to DC for taking the fight after all the crazy shit he went through.

Thank you Anderson, that was more inspiring to watch then any fight I can remember. Phone Post 3.0

bando661 - Not an exciting fight, but to say that DC could not finish Anderson and silva actually hurt DC is nothing short of amazing. A true fighter! Mad respect to DC for taking the fight after all the crazy shit he went through.

Thank you Anderson, that was more inspiring to watch then any fight I can remember. Phone Post 3.0
Hear hear. Massive balls to do that in front of his kids too. They'll never forget that Phone Post 3.0

Yeah that was about as amazing a loss you can have.

bando661 - Not an exciting fight, but to say that DC could not finish Anderson and silva actually hurt DC is nothing short of amazing. A true fighter! Mad respect to DC for taking the fight after all the crazy shit he went through.

Andy was fantastic, shame DC would not engage instead resorted to staying on top doing as little as possible. Phone Post 3.0

I will never pay for a dc fight Phone Post 3.0

Hogzilla - 30-26

All this love affair sounds more and more like bj Penn delusion. GSP is the GOAT, he wins rounds and wins fights.

Not this 30-26 loss and busted for peds but still the GOAT nonsense. Phone Post 3.0
Yeah remember all those times GSP moved up to challenge himself? He shit himself whenever a fight with Andy came up. Phone Post 3.0

I was really surprised Cormier didn't finish Silva considering the amount of time he had top position.

No camp, two days notice, imagine how competitive it would have been if Silva had a full camp.

Great showing for Silva when you consider all the factors at play.

jct71 -
Hogzilla - 30-26

All this love affair sounds more and more like bj Penn delusion. GSP is the GOAT, he wins rounds and wins fights.

Not this 30-26 loss and busted for peds but still the GOAT nonsense. Phone Post 3.0
Yeah remember all those times GSP moved up to challenge himself? He shit himself whenever a fight with Andy came up. Phone Post 3.0
Right! No disrespect to GSP, he's an incredible fighter. Andy did something I can't imagine many, if anyone would do. This was a true showcase of what a lifetime of training can do. Phone Post 3.0

mada - 
Hogzilla - 30-26

GSP is a good guy but lets be honest here. He used as many PED's as anyone, and he never would have taken the fight. His neurotic, alien abducted, crazy ass wouldn't risk anything. I'm guessing he just got finished turning off the tv 10 times, brushing his teeth 10 times, getting tucked in 10 times, and turning the lights out 10 times before going to bed.

Wam bam and thank you mam

Huh? DC did what he wanted the whole fight. Boring but extremely one sided. That was not a fight but DC having some fun. Phone Post 3.0

mada - Well I'm tired of hearing GSP is the goat fighter when he was barely a fighter and really just an athlete with great cardio and wrestling.
And he certainly acted like a total pussy about fighting Anderson, no one can argue that. He had nothing to lose and still wouldn't do it. Phone Post 3.0

Are you serious? Like his style or not he was very consistent. Look at all the belts changing hands lately. That at the very least should earn everyones respect.

Silva=GOAT
/thread

Goodnight Phone Post 3.0

Silva is solidly in my short list of GOAT (Fedor, Anderson, GSP, Jones and Aldo maybe squeaking in) and this fight didn't do anything but help.

This guy fought as a Welterweight in his career (Shooto champ right?!) and was just competitive at 41 with no camp against a guy who was undefeated as a Heavyweight (fought guys like Barnett, Bigfoot, Mir etc and TRASHED them) and held his own.

mada - Well I'm tired of hearing GSP is the goat fighter when he was barely a fighter and really just an athlete with great cardio and wrestling.
And he certainly acted like a total pussy about fighting Anderson, no one can argue that. He had nothing to lose and still wouldn't do it. Phone Post 3.0
Anderson acted the same way about fighting jones. He refused to do it even though it was being pushed for years. Excuse after excuse about why he wouldn't move up and challenge him.

He only did this fight with dc because it doesn't matter anymore. Killed by Weidman and just lost to bisping means no more legacy to protect. Phone Post 3.0

da Vinci 81 - 
Anderson acted the same way about fighting jones. He refused to do it even though it was being pushed for years. Excuse after excuse about why he wouldn't move up and challenge him.

He only did this fight with dc because it doesn't matter anymore. Killed by Weidman and just lost to bisping means no more legacy to protect. Phone Post 3.0

Anderson moved up in weight from Welter to Middle to Light Heavyweight (fought a current champ and an ex champ at LHW)......................his legacy is rock solid regardless of what he does now.  He hasn't won a fight since 2012 and it doesn't affect his legacy.

Samoa -
da Vinci 81 - 

Anderson moved up in weight from Welter to Middle to Light Heavyweight (fought a current champ and an ex champ at LHW)......................his legacy is rock solid regardless of what he does now.  He hasn't won a fight since 2012 and it doesn't affect his legacy.

His legacy is what it is. Some say he's the goat, some don't. I'm not commenting on that. 

But when he was champ he repeatedly dodged any chance ot fighting Jones. Those saying GSP ducked Silva don't seem to remember him doing the same when it came to Jones. 

I say GSP stayed away from Anderson, but I also say Anderson stayed away from Jones.  My point is that Georges fought at 170 his whole career.  Anderson fought in three different divisions, winning belts at multiple weights, beating a former champ at 205 with RIDICULOUS ease and then a non title fight against the current champion.  He's tested himself at multiple weights.  GSP never did at all.

Yeah Anderson still making a case for #1 all time Phone Post 3.0

I think Anderson is the best ever but that was just survival mode without DC taking risks

Was a happy payday for both fighters and it showed Phone Post 3.0