47 shot. 5 dead, Normal Weekend In Chicago

(CNN) -- After an 11-year-old girl was shot and killed by a stray bullet while sitting on a friend's bedroom floor, Chicago officials met Monday to discuss the city's recent surge in gun violence.
The girl was just one of 47 shooting victims in Chicago over the weekend, five of which were fatal, according to statistics released by the Chicago Police Department.
Shamiya Adams was brought to a nearby hospital in critical condition on Friday and pronounced dead Saturday morning, according to Anthony Brucci, a spokesman for Cook County Medical Examiner's Office.
She was visiting a friend when a stray bullet from outside the residence struck her, according to Chicago Police Officer Jose Estrada.
No other injuries were reported at that incident, and no one has been arrested or charged, Estrada said. An investigation is ongoing.
"Every morning, I wake up and I cry," the girl's mother told CNN affiliate WLS. "I just can't believe it."
"She used to tell me every day, give me a letter every day -- how much she loved me, how I was the best mother in the world," Shaneetha Goodloe said, her voice cracking with emotion. "And I will never hear that again from her."
Asked what she would say to anyone who had anything to do with the child's death, Goodloe replied: Speak up.
"If you know anything, you should say something because this wasn't for her. This was not for my child. She was not supposed to die from a bullet to her brain," she said.
Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel met Monday with the Chicago Police superintendent and community leaders to discuss violence in their city, an event scheduled before the uptick in gun violence over the weekend.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/21/justice/chicago-deadly-weekend/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

How exactly do they call this "an uptick in gun violence" in a city know for decades of gun violence?

Proof that some of the strictest gun laws in the country works.

Its Indianas fault they have all that violence in Chicago

How can their aim be so bad! Someone needs to open up a few Firring ranges as after school activities. Phone Post 3.0

What a terrible situation. Chicago is such a town of Highs and Lows. It's hard to determine a catch all solution because ill bet 95% of these shootings are gang and drug related, so should normal people be forced to be unarmed due to gang and drug violence when those people will still carry and use firearms regardless of changes in the law? Phone Post 3.0

alkysmurf - How can their aim be so bad! Someone needs to open up a few Firring ranges as after school activities. Phone Post 3.0
Spray and pray is not the way, folks. Phone Post 3.0

Now this comes just a couple weeks after 60 were shot and killed over the 4th of July weekend right? Phone Post 3.0

The Middle East has Gaza, we have Chicago.

LittleJoeMama - The Middle East has Gaza, we have Chicago.

If rich white folk started getting shot then you would see things change but keeping it going supports their anti-gun agenda.

They really should call it Ghetto Violence rather than Gun Violence. Pointing out the true source of the violence may force people to deal with reality rather than inanimate objects.

I'm still cracking up at Jesse Jackson, racial opportunist, telling Obama "if he can give 4 Billion to illegal aliens then he can give 2 billion to the city of Chicago to stop gun violence".

"Recent surge" lol Phone Post 3.0

"They really should call it Ghetto Violence rather than Gun Violence. Pointing out the true source of the violence may force people to deal with reality rather than inanimate objects."

or better yet "Unwanted unloved fatherless impoverished violence."

Whoever I debated a couple years ago where I stated that weather had an affect on Chicago violence , I hope you are reading all these threads now. As far as I can tell weather has a direct affect on violence. Wes man tooth I'm looking at you. Phone Post 3.0

Isaac298 - Whoever I debated a couple years ago where I stated that weather had an affect on Chicago violence , I hope you are reading all these threads now. As far as I can tell weather has a direct affect on violence. Wes man tooth I'm looking at you. Phone Post 3.0
Who could argue this? Lol. It happens every summer. Thugs aren't running around in the snow shooting people. Phone Post 3.0

Vikingknee - 
Isaac298 - Whoever I debated a couple years ago where I stated that weather had an affect on Chicago violence , I hope you are reading all these threads now. As far as I can tell weather has a direct affect on violence. Wes man tooth I'm looking at you. Phone Post 3.0
Who could argue this? Lol. It happens every summer. Thugs aren't running around in the snow shooting people. Phone Post 3.0

ive lived in or around chicago my entire life. this is 100% true.

whoever said its ghetto violence not gun violence i agree with you! all you have to do is look at where all the shooting are happening. its not a secret but no one wants to address it and call it what it is.

Lots of disrespecting going on

LittleJoeMama - The Middle East has Gaza, we have Chicago.
Chiraq Phone Post 3.0

Joey Bocanegro - 
jjchgo - 
Vikingknee - 

ive lived in or around chicago my entire life. this is 100% true.

whoever said its ghetto violence not gun violence i agree with you! all you have to do is look at where all the shooting are happening. its not a secret but no one wants to address it and call it what it is.

The Tribune did a study a few years ago that examined every shooting in the previous 12 months. The majority of the shootings were criminal on criminal. Almost all happened in ghetto neighborhoods.

not surprised in the slightest. like i tell everyone that comes to chicago.

dont go where you dont belong and have some sense to you and you shouldnt have any problems.

I am shocked...SHOCKED I SAY that the safest place on the planet, Chicago basically has a ban on civilian ownership of weapons to protect yourself, has so many shootings!

How can a place that has a gun ban have so many shootings?

Ohhhhh that's right. Criminals don't give a fuck about the law.