49ers are phucked

shadetree,

how shitty are the 49ers going to be now that they've lost their #1 QB, HB, and WR?

They are definitely in rebuilding mode that is for sure..Rattay ,is going to be a good Qb, but he will need some protection.

RB...Barlow proved himself last year and should fill that gap with no problem.

WR....Depends who they get in the Draft and how quickly Loyd develops.

O-line..This is the main concern IMO..If that Eagles trade works out, it would be a great move.

On defense they look solid, but could use some help on the D-line to replace aging veterans.They didnt loose anybody on a defense that ranked in the top 5 of the NFL.

My prediction: 7-9 or at best 10-6 which would be amazing

49ers suck.

*/shadetree argument style*

I think they're going to struggle a lot, not because of who they lost (Owens is not worth the headaches he causes, Hearst is replaceable with Barlow, and Garcia was hurt a lot), but because of the other teams in their division getting better.

St. Louis and Seattle both made the playoffs last year, and upgraded in a couple spots. Arizona will suck mightily again, but that's still four tough divisional games.

I think Barlow is an upgrade from Hearst, and Rattay should have been left in when Garcia came back from his injury this past year. The Niners need to shore up their pass defense though, IMO, they gave up a lot of big plays.

shadetree is correct, 10-6 WOULD be amazing. I think the 7-9 is a much better bet. They won't be horrible, but they won't really be good either.

i'm going to have to say that the only true loss is going to be garcia.

barlow(former pitt panther) was going to be the everydown back this year anyway so that's not a loss

and lossing terrell is like having that tooth ache taken care of...sure it's not your real tooth anymore but it doesn't hurt anymore does it? and finding a good wr in the top 3 rounds isn't going to be a problem with this draft. or in free agency once camp cuts start happening
maybe not TO potential but they should be able to get 2 guys to put up those numbers. if they take care of the QB problem

and i really like their young defense. especially their secondary.

but the ST. Louis Cardinals suck!!! b-)

TO - as mouthy as he was/is - can't be replaced by ANY rookie WR. The guy is one of the top 2 or 3 at his position in the NFL. Regardless of his antics, the guy will be missed on the field.

hawkeye...i agree they won't get 80 catches and 1300 yards from one guy...however if they get a good free agent to give them 60 and a rookie in the number 3 spot give them 40-50 the loss of TO is minimal and is easily made up for with his club house and off field antics

I still disagree. TO has to be accounted for on every play. The D has to make sure of that. If there are other more average WRs and no TO, then the D can worry less about the ability of the WR to go all the way on any given play and more about the running game, getting QB pressure, etc. With TO on the other side of the ball it limits to some degree what the D can do.

Well Hawkeye I have already chalked up a victory against the Bears

hawkeye...true..i'm not completely disagreeing with...i do say 100% though unless they vastly improve at Qb between now and the season it doesn't matter if TO is there or not cause he would be limited anyhow

"unless they vastly improve at Qb between now and the season it doesn't matter"

Sorry to interrupt you, but this thread is not about your steelers.

You talk shit like that, and then wonder why people regard you in a less-than-civil manner, huh?

lol @

"Rattay ,is going to be a good Qb, but he will need some protection."

and then talking down about tommy maddux

lol what a friggin idiot!!!

"Well Hawkeye I have already chalked up a victory against the Bears"

Please expand on this comment. I don't get it.

"i do say 100% though unless they vastly improve at Qb between now and the season it doesn't matter if TO is there or not cause he would be limited anyhow"

Yes. The Niners will suck with or without TO.

Well Since they beat the Bears last year 55-10 and factoring in the fact the bears have no offense, i see more of the same.

The Niners are going to struggle scoring 55 points in any two games combined in their upcoming season, I think predicting a repeat of that game is reaching a bit.

"Well Since they beat the Bears last year 55-10 and factoring in the fact the bears have no offense, i see more of the same."

Please do not keep proving your ignorance. The score was 49-7. And in case you weren't sure, that was LAST year.

Somehow your team managed to only win 6 more games after the first week. The Bears were 6-4 over their final 10 games even with an idiot O-Coordinater and starting 3 different QBs.

And my team with no offense has added a starting tail back, does not have a QB controversy for the first time in a decade, added 2 O-Line starters, and a receiving fullback. Not to mention installing a much more attacking offense ala St. Louis & Kansas City.

The Bears will score more points than the 49ers this year. So have fun cuddling up to some fag in the San Fran stands and watching Mighty Tim Rattay lead the team of the decade (of course that was 2 decades ago) into battle.

Let's take a look at the Niner's offseason, shall we?

Players lost include - TO, Ron Stone, Derrick Deese, Garrison Hearst, & Tai Streets - among others.

Players gained - Scott Rehberg, Greg Randall, & Brandon Whiting. Hmmmm...guess you needed to shore up that practice squad.

You were right about the score, nothing to be proud of IMO...Lets not forget that the 49ers lost 5 games by a total of 11 points..Rattay was 2-1 as a starter, the O-line is a concern, but we lost nobody on defense.Btw there is no QB or RB controversy at all.

Wow, the bears signed 3 players.Now they only need about 30 more players to win a superbowl.

And if the bears dont have a QB controversy that means they are ok with another loosing season.

oops

Wrong thread dude