4k TV: HDR vs UHD

About to pull the trigger on a President's Day sale. What's the real difference between these 2 features?

Your question doesn't really make sense 

you can have a 4k/UHD HDR panel. 

4k = Resolution

UHD = Resoliton/4K 

HDR = High Dynamic Range. (Super bright WHITES and super DEEP Dark Blacks) 

Right now, if you are looking for a  TV, you will want one that has HDR.  

Unless you have money to throw down on an  oled tv, you will want to find a LED/LCD tv that is HDR capable. It will give you the best contrast and doesn't have that washed out look that LED tv's give that don't have HDR. 

If you give me a budget size , i will find you the best tv for the money. 

Personally if i was to buy a tv to replace mine i would go with a LG OLED 

Problem is anything over 55in is like double the price. 

55in LG Oled is under $1900

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CDF9S1G?tag=rtings-tv-pr00b-20&ie=UTF8&th=1

while the 65 is hitting the $3500!  

Honestly, some of the best deals is having a friend work at bestbuy and getting a sick discount on an open box.

My buddy offered me one of them LG oleds for $700!!!!, over 50% off but i didn't want a small tv, it was only 55in or so.  

It's not a versus thing. You can get a TV with both features.

If you want to hook up a PS4 Pro or Xbox scorpion, get a UHD TV with HDR 10 technology.

Wow. I'd say I don't want to spend more than 1500. And Xbox Scorpio is definitely on my radar.

HDR and Dolby Vision are color ranges I believe.  LG tvs support both, at least mine does.

MMAhaiku - Wow. I'd say I don't want to spend more than 1500. And Xbox Scorpio is definitely on my radar.

Samsung KS8000 is what I have and I friggin love it. My PS4 Pro looks absolutely gorgeous. I believe a 60 inch is around $1500 right now. LG and Vizio also have TVs that are great for gaming.

Captain 'Murica -
MMAhaiku - Wow. I'd say I don't want to spend more than 1500. And Xbox Scorpio is definitely on my radar.

Samsung KS8000 is what I have and I friggin love it. My PS4 Pro looks absolutely gorgeous. I believe a 60 inch is around $1500 right now. LG and Vizio also have TVs that are great for gaming.

My buddy says it's the best tv he's ever seen trying to convince me to buy it but I see other HDR cheaper but he says others are only HDR compatible while this TV is full HDR 

going to Best Buy today to check it out and think about financing it but I don't know what to do. Any advice is appreciated 

MyUnclesCreepy - 
Captain 'Murica -

My buddy says it's the best tv he's ever seen trying to convince me to buy it but I see other HDR cheaper but he says others are only HDR compatible while this TV is full HDR 

going to Best Buy today to check it out and think about financing it but I don't know what to do. Any advice is appreciated 

From what I understand HDR 10 is a higher end format that is becoming an industry standard. More ultra blurays will use feature, as are the latest Playstations and Xboxes. The above mentioned Dolby Vision is the other high end feature but is not as widely adopted despite being a superior technology. There are tvs that have both technologies but they cost more.

I just don't know if the samsung is the only tv with true HDR. Guess part of the price is also with the 8000 it has the quantum dot technology 

I think I'm going for the Samsung 8000. 65" for $1700 at Best Buy.

MMAhaiku - I think I'm going for the Samsung 8000. 65" for $1700 at Best Buy.

That's OLED price range frien, might want to go to bestbuy and compare the pictures. 

MMAhaiku - I think I'm going for the Samsung 8000. 65" for $1700 at Best Buy.

You can get it cheaper at Amazon plus free shipping. 

MyUnclesCreepy -

I just don't know if the samsung is the only tv with true HDR. Guess part of the price is also with the 8000 it has the quantum dot technology 

It certainly is not the only brand that has that feature. Ks8000 is great for that price range. I searched for best tvs for ps4 pro a few months back and there are higher end tvs that got better ratings. 

Make sure whatever you buy is 4k HDR and hdr10 compliant or you will regret it. 

MyUnclesCreepy -

It's not.  Sony HDR and LG OLEDs are much better TV's than samsung. 

I have a Sony Bravia X800D series and my PS4 Pro looks awesome on it.

INteresting

AmazinGracie - 
MMAhaiku - Wow. I'd say I don't want to spend more than 1500. And Xbox Scorpio is definitely on my radar.
I recently bought an LG 65 HDR 4k at HH Gregg. Out the door, $1240. Look around. Deals can be found.

How you been, brotherman?

Cubs games gonna look great on that TV :)

Bought the 65 inch Samsung KS8000 for 1300.00 

got one fucking hell of a deal. Had to buy a new entertainment center to fit the fucking thing 

I'm waiting for Panasonic to bring their oled over from Europe.