4th Daily Movie Thread: Showgirls 1995

ferox - 
anthonyMI -
NiteProwleR -
ferox -
anthonyMI -

It is a Paul Verhoven movie, of course it was an intentional comedy. I just don't know if every actor was in on the joke.

The guy knows what he is doing, alot of people missed what he was trying to do with Starship Troopers too. 

Explain. I know he poked fun like robocop did about American purchasing habits or whatever but what was ST mocking? Propaganda?

Starship Troopers was how a fascist society would portray itself. The most direct thing was propaganda, yeah.

Pretty much this...it was a war time propaganda film with all the tropes...Dougie Howser pretty much wore an SS uniform. 

Do you want to know more? 

"I'm from Buenos Aires, I'm blonde with blue eyes, all my friends are white, and we all speak English! DO YOU WANT TO KNOW MORE?"

Lt_Fop -

Hot tub sex scene was awesome

Lol. That was beyond terrible. 

But its a really great bad movie. 

Bobbie Phillips is a goddess

clattymine - 
Lt_Fop -

Hot tub sex scene was awesome

Lol. That was beyond terrible. 

But its a really great bad movie. 

The only scene worse than her fucking in the hot tub was when she was dancing in the nightclub with the dude from Oz. She was just thrashing about wildly, and the girls I knew who were into dance were like, "What the fuck is this bitch doing?"

Great movie. And I mean that.

I shit you not. For the longest time I thought this guy was Eric Bischoff.

It was the hair that threw me off.

Briscoe - 

I shit you not. For the longest time I thought this guy was Eric Bischoff.

I could understand the confusion. Kyle McLachlan led the Nude Whore Order

Berkley was unbelievably fine in the movie. Good lord. 

AmazinGracie - 

Berkley was unbelievably fine in the movie. Good lord. 

"Your character is a mentally-ill and sexually abused hooker. Make sure she looks like shes always 2 seconds away from giving a $1000 dollar blowjob." 

Sub, for moral support and also to comment that the NC-17 rating was absolute bullshit, possibly just for marketing idk.  Nothing in it was anything we haven't already seen in R rated.

I only watched it in it's entirety last week for the first time. What an awful film. Berkley was terrible but had a smoking hot body and seeing Jesse from Saved By The Bell naked was great. Also, prime Gina Gershon was a goddess.

DaveFu -
jake11 - 

Gina gershon is 100x hotter than the main character broad

Nobody knew who Gina Gershon really was in 1995. lol 

I did want a scissoring scene that never happened! 

Dude, were you not paying attention when watching Cocktail?

1 Like

I don't recall why, probably an electricity shortage due to a storm, but I only saw about 2/3 of that movie. It sucked. I guess my expectations were a lot more sexual. Back then, I didn't understand why that Fabio looking dude violently raped one of the gals but that's pretty much all I remember now ha ha.

Me and a friend saw it in the theaters when it first came out. I don't remember much of the movie but I do remember that the two of us and most of the audience laughed out loud at the sex scene in the pool (or was it hot tub) where the water got all turbulent like they were having super wild sex.