5/4 - New Rick and Morty

Boy, tonight’s was some meta fever dream with countless references to pop culture while also doing call backs to the first half of the seasons quality. Or lack thereof. 

Good luck trying to follow that one. 

They reference the first half of this season not being up to the usual high standard?  Relieved to hear that as I thought the consensus was that it was as good as ever but for me it nose dived and I had no desire to re watch it.

Ok, what now?

Thanks for the heads up. Been waiting forever. Nice to hear they are acknowledging the lacklustre season

It's obvious watching the writing has taken a tumble. Maybe it's they have become too self aware idk. Still good episodes and bits sprinkled in but you would expect a lot better after a 3 year wait for 10 episodes. 

MrBoone -

Thanks for the heads up. Been waiting forever. Nice to hear they are acknowledging the lacklustre season

That was my take at least. I didn’t do any research but my theory was they stopped the season halfway to do rewrites. Because the first 5 were indeed lackluster. 

Bam57Bam -

It's obvious watching the writing has taken a tumble. Maybe it's they have become too self aware idk. Still good episodes and bits sprinkled in but you would expect a lot better after a 3 year wait for 10 episodes. 

They’ve always been pretty self aware. Season 1 you could hear Justin Roiland laughing after doing a bit. Or the Nintendo DS bit.

The writing did indeed become lackluster though. Especially after season 3 being quite good. Hoping it turns around.

I’m new to this show, been watching every rerun on AS, still haven’t seen them all, where can I watch every episode? It’s probably my favorite show right now, I think they are geniuses lol. I’m not burned out n haven’t seen every show tho, season 3 ones are great but I like them all, even last night was good, but I need to see them all for continuity purposes so I can follow it better...

KZTT_MMAfan55 -
Bam57Bam -

They’ve always been pretty self aware. Season 1 you could hear Justin Roiland laughing after doing a bit. Or the Nintendo DS bit.

The writing did indeed become lackluster though. Especially after season 3 being quite good. Hoping it turns around.

I guess I meant regarding reading there own headlines and tweets and shit. Which they didn't have to worry about season 1.

It doesn't help that they're both alcoholics who don't really like each other. 

Worst episode ever.

1 Like

I watched it the other night and had no fucking idea what was going on.

Although me falling off the wagon pretty hard that night may have had something to do with it

Huge fan have watched every episode probably 4-5 times, wasn't a huge fan of last nights episode, just deliberately hard to follow, annoying...especially since every nerd probably needs to watch it 10 times over to understand it than makes fun of people for not being intelligent enough to enjoy it....

Was loving the new season

the first episode with the death crystals was great

but that episode sucked 

ReffsRammedMeInMyAnus - 
PatK -

I watched it the other night and had no fucking idea what was going on.

Although me falling off the wagon pretty hard that night may have had something to do with it

Lmao. The thought of being fucked up for the first time in awhile, an already confusing experience at times, while watching this episode made me lol. 

Your mind had to be blown. 

p.s. Whether you stay off, or hop right back on the wagon; I hope it all works out for ya brother. 

Thanks man.

I have to watch that episode again.

My g/f said she asked me "what are you watching" and I said "I have no fucking idea what's going on here"

I enjoyed what they were doing but I think it got a little lost within itself. Unfortunately I think we’re relegated to S1 and S2 being epically unmatchable. 

The show is still great and it’ll have great moments but it’s going the way of archer. Archer S1 and S2 were amazing. The other seasons were good but a lot of the time it was a parody of itself or just straight weird.  

It’s hard to stay consistently incredible. And this show had such a meteoric rise i don’t see how they could sustain. 

i liked it but yes one of the weaker episodes like when they do the interdimensional cable. id rather them delay the seasons even more then just waste time putting out shows for the hell of it.

15days - i liked it but yes one of the weaker episodes like when they do the interdimensional cable. id rather them delay the seasons even more then just waste time putting out shows for the hell of it.

The inter dimensional cable episodes are great imo. 

Where did they reference the first half of the season being lackluster?