5.46 Million Viewers for Fedor/Rogers Main Event

Pretty damn good...

http://mma.fanhouse.com/2009/11/10/fedor-vs-rogers-main-event-draws-5-46-million-viewers/#cont

Very good indeed.

Not too shabby at all.

Really good demographic numbers that should only go up.

Should be interesting to see what the numbers are on the next non-fedor card and see if they can carry the momentum.

I hate noobs

resounding success

Congratulations SF and Coker!

Was that more than the Kimbo/Gina numbers?

Pretty good numbers.

congrats to strikeforce!

ECWCock -  Good for Strikeforce!!!

And congrats to M-1 for raping half of the advertizing revenue!!!

Congrats to M-1 for getting the event shown in many countries it would never have been without their help too.

Strikeforce & Fedor definitely 'grew the pie.'

I know its a small statiscal sample, but a bunch of active & retired NYC cops who work out at the same Manhattan gym as me were all talking about Fedor yesterday. Said that was their first look at MMA and that they enjoyed the show. I'm sure there are people just like these guys all over the US, as a result of the CBS broadcast.

And this is good for the UFC too. CBS, Strikeforce, and Fedor created more MMA fans on Sat night, and those fans are now more likely to watch UFC on Spike and maybe even order a PPV. Just another reason why its okay at this point in our sport's evolution that we have two major promotions, especially one on network TV.

As expected, the ratings soared in the final 20 minutes. One could make the argument that Fedor already has about 80-90% of the drawing power Kimbo Slice has

Excellent!

very good number, but when you throw in that CBS didnt push Fedor as much as Kimbo, no footage of Fedor, he doesnt speak english, Rogers isnt a dynamic personality, up against CFB and Boxing it can been seen as a great rating

The next Time Fedor fights on CBS the ratings will even be better, that KO will be showed all the time

smoogy - As expected, the ratings soared in the final 20 minutes. One could make the argument that Fedor already has about 80-90% of the drawing power Kimbo Slice has

The real difference is that Strikeforce will survive a Fedor loss.

CBS did a good job promoting the event, and Fedor. I suspect their next event will do even better. All this is good for the sport and the financial landscape.

mcpeepants232003 - 
EckY - 

Congrats to M-1 for getting the event shown in many countries it would never have been without their help too.

why wouldn't it of aired in many countries? The Ufc is aired in tons of countries and with the #1 fighter in the world I'm sure this card would of been carried in many countries as well.

Well no Strikeforce event until this one has been.  Strikeforce until now gets shown on a shitty extreme sports channel on a 6 month delay minimum in the UK.

Also not sure why you borught UFC into it, all I said was congrats to M-1 for bringing Strikeforce into a bunch of new markets.  But since you did bring them up UFC has no presence in Russia or the majoirty of Europe and Asia.  In Russia Strikeforce were on the biggest network station in Russia with access to 120 million homes, UFC could not have done that without M-1's help.

The Last Emperor has Arrived to America!!

mcpeepants232003 - 
Monsters Ball - 
mcpeepants232003 - 
EckY - 

why wouldn't it of aired in many countries? The Ufc is aired in tons of countries and with the #1 fighter in the world I'm sure this card would of been carried in many countries as well.

Has the UFC ever aired live in Russia on their biggest channel? Strikeforce did.

so Russia only has one big channel? That's strange I would of thought that they would have multiple options like every other country.

Don't forget, Russia is fucking hardcore. Channel One was an independent station, then the state took a controlling interest.

Lets just say Dana White is not tight with Putin like Fedor is

Rogan was right.... Fedor did get exposed.

Honestly I think the thing that sells fedor the most is that he's viewed by many of those who watch him as an exciting fighter, in the sense of going for the finish and getting it. A 75% finishing ratio in that regard. He's finished his last 8 opponents. His only decisions in the past 7 years were to Crocop and Nog. People may argue that he is or is not the best, and whether his personality attracts fans, but the more people that can see him actually fight in the ring, the better I think his popularity will be.