5.46 Million Viewers for Fedor/Rogers Main Event

lol @ Card - well said.

Card -  Rogan was right.... Fedor did get exposed.

nice

I am sure Russia has many other big channels but it doesnt mean they cant have 1 channel that is seen as the biggest and most well respected, in UK BBC1 is the biggest, most well respected channel that doesnt mean we dont have thousands of other channels  though.

That is really amazing, and awesome to see.  Awesome exposure for the best fighter in the world.

I wonder how many of those people who were tuning into watch the news will be converts.

mcpeepants232003 - 
EckY - I am sure Russia has many other big channels but it doesnt mean they cant have 1 channel that is seen as the biggest and most well respected, in UK BBC1 is the biggest, most well respected channel that doesnt mean we dont have thousands of other channels  though.

very well but that's not my argument. My argument is that this card would of been aired without M-1s help.

And your argument is based off what?

M-1 brought Strikeforce to a big channel on UK TV and brought them to a bunch of other European and Asian countries.  You may think that they didnt need M-1's help but based on past Strikeforce shows that were not shown outside of North America, I have to disagree.

Strikeforce would have never managed to negotiate a deal with channel 1 in Russia without the help of Russians and since Fedor is part of M-1 they would not have got Fedor without M-1 and then there would be no reason whatsoever to have the event on Russian network TV.

I know some of you have difficulty thinking otuside of your American bubble and because of that cant grasp what M-1 are bringing to the table but honestly, they have done a lot for international fans.

M-1 got Fedor's fight with Arlvoski was shown on Bravo, the same channel Strikeforce was shown the other night and the same channel UFC was always shown on in UK before they went with pay channels.  It is the Uk equivalent of Spike and single handedly made UFC popular in the UK.  Also Fedor's fight with Arlovski outdrew any previous UFC event shown on the channel.

wow, I don't think even dana realizes how big of a punch that was. I mean it could not have been scripted better. this guy is going to be an immortal in the USA in no time. he is so easy to like, and he looks like the little fat guy getting picked on. he is the perfect underdog to root for even though he is not.

Dana White is shitting his pants right now. CBS has access to the homes of hundred of millions of Americans. Spiketv is small potatoes compared to CBS.

CBS and Strikeforce have an incredible draw with Fedor. Next event will pull in ten million viewers. If Strikeforce does a contender show similar to TUF but without the shitty fighters and homo eroticism, UFC will fall further behind.

Steamfitter -  CBS and Strikeforce have an incredible draw with Fedor. Next event will pull in ten million viewers. If Strikeforce does a contender show similar to TUF but without the shitty fighters and homo eroticism, UFC will fall further behind.

Wow. That's some serious cognitive dissonance.

Steamfitter -  Dana White is shitting his pants right now. CBS has access to the homes of hundred of millions of Americans. Spiketv is small potatoes compared to CBS.

UFC and Dana are just fine. they still reach far more total viewers via the volume of programming. but its great that Strikeforce has established a place for themselves in the industry.

From the sounds of it though, CBS isn't jumping on to do another show on CBS anytime soon.

Brigham -  From the sounds of it though, CBS isn't jumping on to do another show on CBS anytime soon.

derp

mcpeepants232003 - ^ what previous Strikeforce shows had Fedor Emelianenko on them? Comparing any of Strikeforce previous cards to this card is asinine. Fedor is the best fighter in the world and of course a card with him on it will be more sought after than a card headlined by Nick Diaz or Jake Shields fighting at mw.

You dont get Fedor without M-1 and Strikeforce have had no previous connections in Europe, whereas M-1 already has a foundation in Europe and Asia.

Just stop now, you have nothing to back up your argument aside from your own assumptions.

sounds like a good job

hopefully cbs is still on board

Awesome news!!!

mada - i doubt CBS is stoked about having the lowest ratings amongst the large networks during the strikeforce show. those ratings are low for a major network for any kind of programming.

not true.

Srikeforce scored well with what advertisers and ad agencies call the "key demos." key demos are what drive ad dollars. all that matters to CBS at the end of the day is ad revenue, and the rating(s) Strikeforce scored will be used to sell at a much greater rate than what CBS usually sells.

the ratings were a big win for CBS, even if if they were shy of Kimbo/Gina events.

What I don't get is why is the Fedor/Roger fight ratings so hight compare to the rest of the fight?  Do people actually just watch the main event?  When I watch a card I watch the whole thing.  That's like watching just for the 4th quarter in a NFL game. 

nearly 12 mil when russia is included...just wait until europe and asia are added. Numbers will be sick.