5 cents per plastic bag? Unamerican

So I just heard that nyc is going to start charging 5 cents per plastic bag used at supermarket. This is wildly unamerican. I mean I get that plastic isn't good but to charge per free bag a fee... that's nonsense. How is this goign to work the cashier is going to count how many bags you take and charge per bag... just a way to hold up the already annoyingly long lines. I live in long island so we are next for this absurd idea. Phone Post 3.0

We don't have plastic bags in Austin anymore. You bring your own bag. Phone Post 3.0

We have a bag fee in my city. Also special trash bags you gotta buy. They'll find every way to get you Phone Post 3.0

This has already happened in the UK, usually the cashier packs your bags then charges you for the total. Phone Post 3.0

in alot of countries those bags are already banned.

People have paid for bags at Aldis for years.  And those are/were paper bags.

Maybe you guys should stop voting in liberal assholes you won't have this problem. Btw, please don't move to florida and shit up our state as well.

Right Hand JO Power - We don't have plastic bags in Austin anymore. You bring your own bag. Phone Post 3.0

Yep...ees normal once you get used to it. Stop being such a faggot.

Lays_Stax -

Maybe you guys should stop voting in liberal assholes you won't have this problem. Btw, please don't move to florida and shit up our state as well.

lol at shitting up Florida

toolate.gif

Plastic bags are long gone here in Oregon. Less trash on the streets and rivers and oceans. Fast food packaging is still all over though. Phone Post 3.0

Unamerican?  There's been a 5 cent bag tax in DC for 5 or 6 years.

No plastic here, all paper. $.10 for paper. Or bring your own reusable. Might have to buy a reusable. Walmart didn't have any paper the other day and I had fruits and veggies all over the car when I got home Phone Post 3.0

I'm pretty sure that paying for stuff you get from a store is about as American as it gets.

Fucking COMMIES give shit out for free.

Lux Fixxins - They tried to do this in chicago.

The stores just designed another kind of plastic bag that worked around the rules.

Aldermen were pissed. Phone Post 3.0

Chicago charges a $.05 tax on every bottle of water sold.  Buy a 24 pack case of water, you pay $1.20 in tax on it.  Fucking ridiculous.

Candide -

Unamerican?  There's been a 5 cent bag tax in DC for 5 or 6 years.

Doesn't make it right just bc you've had it for longer. You should have made this thread 5 or 6 years ago Phone Post 3.0

UltimateKeyboardWarrior -
Lux Fixxins - They tried to do this in chicago.

The stores just designed another kind of plastic bag that worked around the rules.

Aldermen were pissed. Phone Post 3.0

Chicago charges a $.05 tax on every bottle of water sold.  Buy a 24 pack case of water, you pay $1.20 in tax on it.  Fucking ridiculous.

Same in ny Phone Post 3.0

Lays_Stax -

bahahahaha!!!!!!!

Yeah guys, Florida is such a nice state filled with the most intelligent and classiest people this country has to offer. a 5 cent bag charge would definitely be the ONE thing that makes Florida a shithole, you're right!

attjack - Plastic bags are long gone here in Oregon. Less trash on the streets and rivers and oceans. Fast food packaging is still all over though. Phone Post 3.0
Where do you live in Oregon? I live in Oregon and I see them in every store Phone Post 3.0

bigtree421 - No plastic bags and 10 cents per paper bag where i live in CA... Phone Post 3.0

This

They are basically gone here in Seattle and Im glad. Its so wasteful

Willybone -

I'm pretty sure that paying for stuff you get from a store is about as American as it gets.

Fucking COMMIES give shit out for free.

This. Unamerican somehow means not paying for what you get? Lol@OP Phone Post 3.0