MMA Underground Forums

$5 extra goes towards fighters ppv cut right?

D241 - 

Anyways Josh, maybe you can move this discussion along by answering-

Does UFC have to raise their ppv to stay a profitable business?

If you are not gaining from this, then would you prefer to spend an extra $5 that you don't have to?

I am sure they have their reasons. No, they don't NEED to do it in order to make money, but perhaps the uptick is because more fighters than usual are getting a percentage of PPV buys? I think that is a fair reason to make the minimal raise in price.

To make up for the $5 increase, just buy one less beer this month. Buy three fewer sodas or don't get a bag of chips. Simple ways to clear room for $5 if it is that big of an issue.

I don't care if it's once twice, whatever, Dana has earned ZERO benefit of the doubt with fans as far as I am concerned. I don't believe anything he says and won't just put faith they won't gouge the shit out of people whenever they need in the near or distant future. Market your stars better then, you can all be gorging at the trough

If Dana told me the sky was still blue tommorrow I would go out and check.

Lol, Hi Lorenzo.

ChaosOverkill - 
JoshSanchez - 
D241 - 
JoshSanchez - 
D241 - 

do you think poor people don't exist? Do poor people not enjoy mma?

If you are poor enough where spending $5 extra to watch some fights is that big deal, then you probably shouldnt be paying $55 to begin with.

Sorry, but that's a ridiculous way of looking at things.

What if they increased it $30 dollars?

That might be just enough to make you feel the way I feel right now.

Then someone making 6, perhaps 7 figure salary comes up to you sand says, if you're complaining about $30, you probably shouldn't be paying $60 to begin with.

Big difference between a 50 percent increase and like a 9 percent increase, so that comparison really doesn't hold any weight. 

so what the line? 15%? 25%?

People want fighters to be paid more pretty much accross the board because they figure they need and deserve more but bitch when people have budgets in their own lives that are tightly controlled for whatever reason and point to the billionaires and millionaires to do the right thing.

Last week it was nothing to pay monthly subscriptions for something from the UFC, it all adds up, you wouldn't volunteer more money to your car insurance company cable company etc, because you know it's fuckin bullshit no matter what the increase is, because it aint going anywhere but in the executives pockets. Only kids pretend more money at a certain number is just fine for everyone, that's how people end up in crippling debt ensalved to the bank.

I can't fathom how it's this hard to see the principle of it when it's money and has zero to do with how much. Everyone fights on principle for shit all fucking day when they pay the bills.

Great post Chaos

Josh Sanchez, while your post today are cringe worthy, your post/contriubutions yesterday were on point ;)

TheGatorClappingOG - Who cares how much money Dana has, He has to wake up and look at himself every morning.

Hes fugly, old, and has bigger boobs then Ronda.

Money cant buy happiness , bro
But money can buy you jetskis.

Have you ever seen someone unhappy on a jetski? Phone Post 3.0

D241 - 

Josh Sanchez, while your post today are cringe worthy, your post/contriubutions yesterday were on point ;)

haha, well, we all have our different views and that is part of what makes the forums so great. If it wasn't for a little friendly debate and discussion, then what would be the point of being passionate about the sport like we all are?

I personally don't have an issue with the uptick in price and maybe my comments came off a bit insensitive, but I can see why some people are upset based off of the principle of things. 

I just hope people can continue supporting the sport and find a way to enjoy the show. That is what it's all about.

Fwiw

Last month, I made a thread: "What Zuffa haters never talk about"

D241 -

How UFC is not just the only MMA promotion to put on FREE events for the United States troops, but the only major sport that puts on a free show for the troops. NFL sends a couple of NFL teams to advertise their sport to Europe, but UFC actually gives to the troops.

I give props when props are due.
On the ppv increase, I'm calling a spade a spade.   This is a greedy, GREEDY move by a company that does not need over a million people donating an extra $5 to their already FILTHY RICH pockets.

Past 30 days, UFC doesn't sign Ben Askren, yet creates an entire new women's division, and increases their ppv.

UFC, dare I say, is becoming a company I don't support.  I'm for fighters, they(UFC) are all about getting money.
Lets get some tiny 110lb women that nobody knows, nobody cares about, and make money off them b/c....sex sells.

In the mean time world class athletes like Ben Askren are going to the b-leagues, and all "fans" here have to say is....."who cares".

smh

why don't you guys have any faith in the goodness of the UFC? i'm sure all the extra ppv revenue is going to go straight to the fighters in the form of secret locker room bonuses that you'll never hear about because the fighters beg them not tell anyone how much they really make.

The only ones bitching about "UFC" fighter pay is interweb plebs that don't know what they are typing about.

The fighters that post here state they make "a lot" more than their show/win.  But of course, the mouth breathers always know more...

chalice - why don't you guys have any faith in the goodness of the UFC? i'm sure all the extra ppv revenue is going to go straight to the fighters in the form of secret locker room bonuses that you'll never hear about because the fighters beg them not tell anyone how much they really make.

Absolutely.

Its a fantastic system.

Your kidding yourself. 

D241 - 
JoshSanchez - 
D241 - 

If you are poor enough where spending $5 extra to watch some fights is that big deal, then you probably shouldnt be paying $55 to begin with.

Then someone making 6, perhaps 7 figure salary comes up to you sand says, if you're complaining about $30, you probably shouldn't be paying $60 to begin with.

he right bro. u gettin bingod the fukc out in dis thred faster then my tournaments son. u best keep all the cheedah u got son

ChaosOverkill - 
JoshSanchez - 
D241 - 
JoshSanchez - 
D241 - 

Big difference between a 50 percent increase and like a 9 percent increase, so that comparison really doesn't hold any weight. 

so what the line? 15%? 25%?

People want fighters to be paid more pretty much accross the board because they figure they need and deserve more but bitch when people have budgets in their own lives that are tightly controlled for whatever reason and point to the billionaires and millionaires to do the right thing.

Last week it was nothing to pay monthly subscriptions for something from the UFC, it all adds up, you wouldn't volunteer more money to your car insurance company cable company etc, because you know it's fuckin bullshit no matter what the increase is, because it aint going anywhere but in the executives pockets. Only kids pretend more money at a certain number is just fine for everyone, that's how people end up in crippling debt ensalved to the bank.

I can't fathom how it's this hard to see the principle of it when it's money and has zero to do with how much. Everyone fights on principle for shit all fucking day when they pay the bills.

VU Chaos. I don't see how people can come on here and defend the UFC's decisions with increasing PPV prices for (apparently) one event. It's almost as if they're content with prices ONLY raising $5. Whether it's a $5 increase or a $20 increase, the fact is prices are going up, and it doesn't look like fighters are seeing this money as evidenced by purse disclosures and recent fighter cuts. If it's not going to fighters, where the hell is it going?

JoshSanchez -
D241 - 

Anyways Josh, maybe you can move this discussion along by answering-

Does UFC have to raise their ppv to stay a profitable business?

If you are not gaining from this, then would you prefer to spend an extra $5 that you don't have to?

I am sure they have their reasons. No, they don't NEED to do it in order to make money, but perhaps the uptick is because more fighters than usual are getting a percentage of PPV buys? I think that is a fair reason to make the minimal raise in price.

To make up for the $5 increase, just buy one less beer this month. Buy three fewer sodas or don't get a bag of chips. Simple ways to clear room for $5 if it is that big of an issue.

What reasons? Dana said a few guys from the office got together and came up with the idea. Phone Post 3.0

They can do whatever they please with their own company, and I can do the same with my money.

I honestly wouldn't have even noticed if DFW hadn't acted like a snob about it at the scrum. Phone Post

chalice - why don't you guys have any faith in the goodness of the UFC? i'm sure all the extra ppv revenue is going to go straight to the fighters in the form of secret locker room bonuses that you'll never hear about because the fighters beg them not tell anyone how much they really make.

QFT.

Just go to a bar and watch it. Problem solved.

It's be nice if they split the extra 5$ per buy throughout the fighters on the card, I'm guessing that'd be an extra 4-5 mil in revenue. Phone Post 3.0

It's like the one stripper who told me she was a two dollar dance. Now with all the other strippers opening that garter belt for a dollar, I didn't understand at the time where she justified or, and though I could spare two dollars a round for a few miniatures I calculated that would be the cost of one or two overpriced beers and the inherent risk of setting a precedent of voting with my dollar only to find all girls suddenly were two Dakar girls.

With logic on my side, I threw my change in my pocket across the floor and got kicked the fuck out.

This is exactly the same thing. Phone Post 3.0