5 Finger Death Punch- Gone Away (Offspring cover)

I always TRY to hate this band, but they put out some decently cool tracks, for what they are.

I'm digging this cover (and the video) of offspring's "Gone Away."

Fuck the OG.

TryhardNobody - 

You Magnificent Bastard!!!

You "try" to hate them?? They make it easy for me.   Terrible tough guy lyrics over uninspired music

Later. 

I never thought of that song in those terms.

I used to see 5 Finger every time they came in concert.  Then I didn’t like anything they came out with.

50 years later, the soldier in that video turns into the old veteran in the Motley Crue "Misunderstood" video.

mdrndaysamurai -

You "try" to hate them?? They make it easy for me.   Terrible tough guy lyrics over uninspired music

Just because your taste sucks doesn't mean other people's has to.

mdrndaysamurai -

If you hate one of there songs you should hate them all considering they all sound exactly the same. The local "Rock" station here plays only new stuff and every song from every band sounds the same. 

Fuck this band, fuck their covers, fuck their fans. 

Ryann Von Doom -

Why?  I think they have a cool sound.  I don't like all of there stuff but war is the answer was fucking awesome.  If rather have a dozen babes like this that one more bieber

Ryann Von Doom -

This. Worst fucking band I know of. 

They do a lot of stuff for vets though so that's cool I guess. 

This is current hard rock,that's fucking sad.

Buffer720 -
Ryann Von Doom -

Why?  I think they have a cool sound.  I don't like all of there stuff but war is the answer was fucking awesome.  If rather have a dozen babes like this that one more bieber

They are pure cheez whiz. If they did an American Idol for douchebag hard rock bands they would win. 

Oh ya.... The ol slow it down and chug it up type cover. Lame cover. Horrible vocals. Horrible music. Just bad all around.  Glad you enjoy it though op. Keep saying you don't like the band lol. 

I like a lot of their music. When I first heard this one I didn't think it worked as well as their other covers until I saw the video, they pretty much have to go hand in hand on this one. 

Saw them live a few years ago, Ivan Moody broke down and cried at the beginning of Far From Home and couldn't continue that song. Turns out his dad who he hadn't seen in years was in the crowd trying to get to the front and got his attention. He said a lot of his songs are about his dad not being there for him. It was kind of an emotional trip to watch live. 

StankieEdgar -
Ryann Von Doom -

This. Worst fucking band I know of. 

They do a lot of stuff for vets though so that's cool I guess. 

That is cool. Will ease up on the hate then. 

5fdp is like cheez wiz, All lthe guitar leads are the same and Moody is a noodle armed pussy. I saw them in concert 2 years ago and he tried to get the audience to do the wave. They booed in stead and then a chant of 'VOLBEAT ' filled the arena/ They had opened the show... Moody brought an 11 year old girl and her dad onstage and sang ' burn motherfucker burn'

posers

very good cover