5 reasons Gina Carano should sign with Bellator

5 - She will be the undisputed face of Bellator and would not have to exist in Ronda Rousey's shadow.

4 - She can make demands or requests of Bellator that would be unheard of with the UFC.

3 - She would not have to immediately fight Ronda Rousey.

2 - She would help create credible competition with the UFC for female fighters, which is never a bad thing for fighters or fans.

1 - Signing with Bellator would not necessarily eliminate the chance that she could still end up fighting Ronda Rousey. If Carano were to win her fights at Bellator, she could still conceivably set up a one fight champion vs champion against Rousey with a much stronger say in the earnings from such a superfight.

Interesting post sir.
Also if she feels like coming back, gets some highlight reel wins and returns to hollywood, she will be a bigger name, current in the news. Hopefully it will be good for her film career. I just feel the RR bout would be detrimental to her at this stage.

Ps. Love all GINA pics.... Still the lip bite gif though. I'll post tmrw of this thread isn't rescued beforehand lol Phone Post 3.0

5 will never happen, UFC would never OK it. However, I do think she could get a UFC out clause in her contract which would allow her to go to the UFC at any time. Phone Post 3.0

Gina will be a big fish in a little pond over there.

Also there are a lot of benefits to not being in the cross hairs of ronda rousey. She'll be able to take home a bunch of fights against lesser competition but she'll make the same or better money.

Does anyone know if Bellator stillnhas deep pockets to splash around? Phone Post 3.0

Decimated -

Are there enough 140, 145 pound chicks in the sport right now to even fill a division?  it'd be her and 4 other girls.  Would they bother bringing in Charmaine Tweet or Veronica rothenhausler, who are with Invicta right now? Put Gina against 145er Marina Shafir?  Amanda bell?

Here is the top ten from the 8/13/14 unified women's ranking.  all are invicta or regional!  

Not enough biatches to fill up the Bellator hizzouse.

Featherweights (136.1-146.0 pounds):

1. Cristiane “Cyborg” Justino  (12-1-0, 1 ND) – Invicta FC

2. Marloes “Rumina” Coenen  (21-6-0) – Invicta FC

3. Julia “The Jewel” Budd  (6-2-0) – Invicta FC

4. Pannie “Banzai” Kianzad  (5-0-0) – ProFC

5. Faith “The Immortal” Van Duin  (6-0-0) – Storm MMA/Invicta FC

6. Annalisa “No Fear” Bucci  (7-3-0) – Regional

7. Maria Hougaard Djursaa  (5-5-0) – Regional

8. Talita “Treta” Nogueira  (6-0-0) – Regional

9. Latoya “Black Mamba” Walker  (2-0-0) – Regional

10. Kate “Jiu-Jitseira” Da Silva  (7-2-0) – Regional

They'll find them. If they hold an open tryout for a spot in the 145 lb division, I bet, a bunch of solid girls no one has heard of yet will show up. Phone Post 3.0

The first pic is Gina living the good Hollywood life and yes, far from fighting shape. At the very least though, the Bellator interest gives her another option to the usual UFC take it or leave it MOA. Signing with Bellator would also mean working with Scott Coker, who saw the benefits of women's MMA long before Dana White saw the light.

Bellator is also majority owned by media giant Viacom, further offering Gina additional entertainment avenues, and even though their partner is Fox Entertainment, we all know that the UFC has near zero interest in promoting fighters outside of the UFC.

Decimated is right, filling the ranks with opponents is a tough call, but plenty of ways around that obstacle: catch weights, open tournaments, think out the box. Bottom line is Gina Carano, even though long out the fight game, still carries tremendous fan appeal and in the words of Dana White, is an undisputed needle mover. She leverages that far more with Bellator than with the UFC.

Terrible choice of pic in the OP, TS.

The one pic where she looks like she eats too much cake... Phone Post 3.0

I do agree with your points, however. Signing with Bellator makes a lot of sense, so long as they get credible names for her to fight, which Cooker will, no doubt. Phone Post 3.0

stainlesssteel -

5 - She will be the undisputed face of Bellator and would not have to exist in Ronda Rousey's shadow.

4 - She can make demands or requests of Bellator that would be unheard of with the UFC.

3 - She would not have to immediately fight Ronda Rousey.

2 - She would help create credible competition with the UFC for female fighters, which is never a bad thing for fighters or fans.

1 - Signing with Bellator would not necessarily eliminate the chance that she could still end up fighting Ronda Rousey. If Carano were to win her fights at Bellator, she could still conceivably set up a one fight champion vs champion against Rousey with a much stronger say in the earnings from such a superfight.

She's about 2 1/2 caranos above 145 in that picture. Phone Post 3.0

She also wouldn't have to worry about making it to 135, seeing as how she struggled making it to 145 in the past. Phone Post 3.0

I think OP makes some really good points.  If Gina is serious about a return and doing 5-10 fight and salvaging a career, she has to think of a long term strategy and going in really cold against the best female MMAer and getting a loss early really isnt smart.  She will not beat Ronda right now.  Going to Bellator and getting some wins would make a match a ways down the road with RR much more lucrative, with many paydays in return.  Question is: how long will Ronda be doing MMA? I dont think she has more than 2-3 fights in her 

Another thing for Gina to consider, in my opinion, should be that Coker has shown himself to be a far more professional and respectful promoter than Dana. There's a world of difference in class between the two, which is something all fighters deserve to be treated with. Gina will be Dana's golden girl for a little while, perhaps even a long while, but how long until he turns on her the way he's done with so many others? Fighters should be treated with far more respect than Dana White and the UFC are willing to maintain, and with the numerous other advantages in signing with Bellator, it seems like the sensible decision for Gina.

BirdWatcher - Phone Post 3.0
http://youtu.be/e6aYSwiJ-hE

Embed please. Phone Post 3.0

^fucking app flipped threads. WTF? Ignore and my bad... Phone Post 3.0

I love gina Phone Post 3.0

BirdWatcher - Phone Post 3.0

Vote number 95 from me sir.

Thank You saved the thread.

I am a happy old man now :-)

time traveling 12er - 5. Even as the face of Bellator, she would be in Ronda's shadow. She'd probably have to beat Cyborg to get out of her shadow, let alone Rousey.

4. She can make crazy demands if she wants, but the UFC is in a much better position to fulfill those demands than Bellator. Aside from maybe getting a reality show on Spike which has had pretty dubious value up to this point.

3. Rhonda is the pinnacle of WMMA in the mainstream right now and where the money is at. If say Rhonda loses to Cyborg, Gina loses her shot at a big pay day. The whole WMMA scene could regress. Waiting to fight Rhonda may not be a good thing.

2. The competition would be indirect since the weightclass doesn't even exist in the UFC. But people do seem to like bigger fighters so who knows.

1. True pending what her Bellator contract says.
Dude Gina isn't going to fight. Not any time soon. She has a movie shoot coming up she won't be free to train for a fight until Jan next year at the earliest. Her signing with Bellator now doesn't really mean all that much. Phone Post 3.0

Why hAve a hotdog when u can have a prime steak ! Phone Post 3.0

you forgot the biggest point - she wouldn't have to make 135!!!