5 reasons why, GSP & Khabib would have beaten the other

So you have no proof and are admonishing Khabib for the country he is from?

Filthy little Conrat.

Well khabibs whole career is made of fighting bums, so yeah nothing surprising :laughing:

1 Like

Oh yeah heā€™s not even from Russia heā€™s from Dagestan never mind

Lol Laughing GIF

I was just thinking about the logic of Khabib quitting early.

When Renan Barao entered the UFC for his 24th fight (including WEC). He fought the next 9 fights against guys like Cole Escovedo, Brad Pickett, Scott Jorgenson, Urijah Faber, Eddie Wineland and Michael McDonald and had a 32-1 record after defending the title for the third time (so, he won the title, then defended it another three times).

Then Barao went 2-8 in the UFC after that, and retired with a 34-9 record.

Miguel Torres was 32-1 when he entered the UFC. He won five in a row against Chase Beebe, Yoshiro Maeda, Manny Tapia and Takeya Mizugaki. He had a 37-1 record after defending against Mizugaki, which was his third defense of the title.

He then went 3-6 after that in major competition.

Lots of people had these guys as P4P #1 fighters before their peak ended.

32-1.
37-1.

And then they started losing.

Khabib entered the UFC in his 17th fight and then won 13 in a row. He captured the title after his 9th fight in the UFC and defended it three times.

And then he retired at 29-0 before taking any losses.

What am I missing here? These three look exactly the same to me. Defend the belt three times, and then retire or start losing.

At some point youā€™ve got to stand back and admit that holding the championship for a long time matters.

Tell Islam! Itā€™s not too late for him. Otherwise heā€™s going to get trapped in that C-level champion group with Khabib, Miguel Torres and Renan Barao.

3 Likes

Long unbeaten run, defend belt three times, retire or take some losses. What is the difference?

1 Like

Good post. Just goes to show that Khabib would have for sure lost sooner than later. The real champions like GSP, Silva, Jones weā€™re iron horses. Khabib was like a strong Shetland pony. Not really much comparison.

1 Like

lol

The crazy thing to me is that we live in an alternate universe where Jon Jones is a supervillian. If he was squeaky clean, thereā€™s not a soul on earth that would be debating who the GOAT is. Jack Merridew wouldnā€™t even exist.

But here we are.

LOL!

GSP got finished in his 3th and 10th UFC fight though :face_with_hand_over_mouth: Now what?

but guiz Matt Serra was a total badass :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

So the part of Russia where the best fighters in the world come from then?

My post never made any claim about GSP. I grouped Khabib in with Barao and Miguel Torres. I eagerly await your refutation.

Thereā€™s nothing to refute, both of those fighters are proven losers, like GSP.

GSP said it best himself.

So you canā€™t explain why Khabib is in the wrong group with Miguel Torres and Barao, then?

LOL, I guess I accept your surrender.

Admittedly I didnā€™t think it would be that easy.

1 Like

Fedor is not from Dagestan.

Uh Huh Reaction GIF by Travis

1 Like

admittedly i could go for my 3th coffee today

2 Likes

Fail Eli Manning GIF

Football Gameday GIF by Seattle Seahawks

2 Likes