5 steps to be able to roll for longer

Can't argue with any of that.

mrgoodarmbar - Can't argue with any of that.

Hahaha.... the people over at Sherdog sure can.

The problem when I try to use No. 2 is that my partner begins by cooperating, and then by about the third minute is going full speed again. You have to keep stopping them and reminding them what you're supposed to be doing, and it gets aggravating.

Mark Hunter - The problem when I try to use No. 2 is that my partner begins by cooperating, and then by about the third minute is going full speed again. You have to keep stopping them and reminding them what you're supposed to be doing, and it gets aggravating.

I completely understand this.  There are a couple different ways to go about fixing this.  No matter which way you want to go, be sure to bring to your partner's attention that you want to flow roll.

First (easiest, IMO) would be to select someone purple belt and above to flow roll with.  Second option would be to simply let the first person dominate you completely.  After the round, remind your partner that you're trying to generate lots of interesting positions and MOVE as much as possible, not to simply be dominated.  If your partner is still trying to "win" when you're essentially wet blanketing them, there is no hope for them to flow roll with you right now.