$5 UFC PPV price increase permanent (with proof)

I was wrong, I believed the $5 price increase was a one time thing and justified. However, the UFC's own website contradicts Dana's statement that the $5 increase is a one time thing. As of now, it lists all upcoming PPVs as $59.95.

http://www.ufc.tv/events

http://imgur.com/YwWVYOJ Phone Post 3.0

Dana?? Phone Post 3.0

mclay - Dana?? Phone Post 3.0
I'm assuming he couldn't be reached for comment. If true, I assume his comment to be something like "blah blah boxing, blah blah corrupt, blah blah fighter pay, blah blah economics (which my high school education qualifies me to be an expert on). Phone Post 3.0

TTT, this needs to be seen Phone Post 3.0

hmmm

I aint paying for any increase. Ill watch the fights at the pub and sink a few beers.

I really wonder how many people will just flat out stop buying, and if that would really even make a difference in the grand scheme of things for ZUFFA.

$55 was pushing it for me as none of my friends IRL are into MMA.. I don't have the "just invite more people, goof" option.

$60? I can't swing it.

Just something to think about, but I believe at UFC.TV you got HD quality PPVs for 44.99, which is $10 less than what HD costs on a provider. If they raise that from 44.99 to 49.99 but cable stays the same, I don't really care. I'm just getting less of a discount on UFC.TV than I was before. 

Considering the fighters make next to nothing this is nuts Phone Post 3.0

Harmon Whistler - I really wonder how many people will just flat out stop buying, and if that would really even make a difference in the grand scheme of things for ZUFFA.

$55 was pushing it for me as none of my friends IRL are into MMA.. I don't have the "just invite more people, goof" option.

$60? I can't swing it.
Dude...you're basically saying $5 makes or breaks your life. You're being ridiculous, but your point is noted. Let's be honest, if you can afford $55, you can afford $60.

The real issue now is UFC 169. We need to organize a boycott of it along with an underground network of streams. Dana's been caught in a lie, he's done what he claims to hate. He needs to respond to this situation or suffer the concequences. Phone Post 3.0

I stopped buying every ppv probably like 1.5 years ago it so? I had went on a run of buying every ppv for probably about 7 years or so. It just gets to saturated to me. This event is worth 60$ I'll probably buy it but if it stays at 60$ I'll probably buy even less. Like only fights my few really favorite fighters fight I'll buy and super stacked cards other then that probably won't buy many I could really see me maybe only buying like 4-6 all year and then just watch the free ones Phone Post 3.0

People are suprised?

Of course. And this time next year don't be suprised if its $70. They'll keep testing the waters with how much people are willing to keep paying until they see the major backlash and then know that the price has outpaced the demand.

Feelz Good - 
Harmon Whistler - I really wonder how many people will just flat out stop buying, and if that would really even make a difference in the grand scheme of things for ZUFFA.

$60? I can't swing it.
Dude...you're basically saying $5 makes or breaks your life. You're being ridiculous, but your point is noted. Let's be honest, if you can afford $55, you can afford $60.

The real issue now is UFC 169. We need to organize a boycott of it along with an underground network of streams. Dana's been caught in a lie, he's done what he claims to hate. He needs to respond to this situation or suffer the concequences. Phone Post 3.0

You're right, a $5 increase doesn't make or break me, but there has to be SOME kind of cut off in terms of what I'm paying for versus what I'm getting, right? $55 seemed pretty steep for 3-4 hours of entertainment already.

$60 just isn't worth it, IMHO. I'll read the PBP and catch the replay later on.

Fuck. Hope this is an error. Phone Post 3.0

Just asked DW. The $59.95 on the site is for HD. Only 168 has a $5 increase.

Cindy Phone Post 3.0

And why do i have to pay 60 usd in Slovenia, but there is free in germany, and in austria, italy, croatia is only 10 bucks, but they neglect other European countries. And ufc TV support are non willing to help in any way.
Having bought more than 30 ppvs in the last few years for full price now realizing its unfair, since there is major discount in neighbouring countries that are also in eu, sharing same timezone, i have enough and wont be buying these event aswell, if they dont give us same discount.

60 dollars is just too much.

Hopefully, this isn't true, and that the $60 price will actually be just a one-time deal for UFC 168.

If it permanent, that would mean another $65 this year (as the UFC is planning on hosting 13 PPVs in 2014), that the UFC is expecting from their fans to follow the sport. If you include the additional $120 a year that the UFC is charging for the digital network, plus the regular price of PPVs as well as how much it costs for cable or satellite service that carry FOX Sports 1 and 2, then the UFC would pricing many fans out of the sport.

The Price is $59,95 for HD every event
and is 49,95 for SD every event.

If true, that is a bit of a bummer I must admit. That said, it is nice that my job reimburses me for buying pay-per-views, so not like I can complain.

The Price is $59,95 for HD every event
and is 49,95 for SD every event.

http://i44.tinypic.com/2rpvjhy.jpg
would a blue post the image?