$5 UFC PPV price increase permanent (with proof)

Morpheus1976 - The Price is $59,95 for HD every event
and is 49,95 for SD every event.

http://i44.tinypic.com/2rpvjhy.jpg
would a blue post the image?

It appears Enzo is marginalizing Dana prior to giving him a gold watch, a pat on the back and telling him to fuck off.

The last couple of years Enzo is become more and more hands on with the UFC rolling Dana out to push the message.

IMO this time next year Dana will be placed on special projects, doing world tours, hosting story club and making video blogs. He might even help Burt Watson with the fighters.

Lol :D Phone Post 3.0

JoshSanchez - 

If true, that is a bit of a bummer I must admit. That said, it is nice that my job reimburses me for buying pay-per-views, so not like I can complain.

That's great for you, and I am very envious that you have such a job that would cover you purchasing UFC PPVs. But most of us on here have to budget accordingly and pay out of own pocket to watch the PPVs.

The extra $5 doesn't seem like much for one card, but over the course of a year with 13 PPVs expected in 2014, that comes out to an extra $65 you would have to pay to watch them all as opposed to 2013 (which will cost $720 after UFC 168).

And that doesn't even include the expected cost of the new digital network either. Plus, who's to say they won't arbitrarily increase the price of certain PPVs just "cuz."

KnockedOutByaFedor - UFC will make 2 million extra dollars by raising 5 extra dollars for 400k PPV buys

So "just cuz 5" dollars makes them 2 million more dollars.

and the entire UFC fighter purse for that card, probably doesnt get close to 2 million bucks. Kind of ridiculous
Anderson and ronda are definitely making 2 mil combined Phone Post 3.0

of course this isnt just a "1" time thing, ppv numbers have been in sharp decline, gotta keep the bottom line up somehow

As above its obviously they are testing the market with the price hike to see if we'll wear it. Phone Post 3.0

Row, row row your boat gently down the...... Phone Post 3.0

Feelz Good -
Harmon Whistler - I really wonder how many people will just flat out stop buying, and if that would really even make a difference in the grand scheme of things for ZUFFA.

$55 was pushing it for me as none of my friends IRL are into MMA.. I don't have the "just invite more people, goof" option.

$60? I can't swing it.
Dude...you're basically saying $5 makes or breaks your life. You're being ridiculous, but your point is noted. Let's be honest, if you can afford $55, you can afford $60.

The real issue now is UFC 169. We need to organize a boycott of it along with an underground network of streams. Dana's been caught in a lie, he's done what he claims to hate. He needs to respond to this situation or suffer the concequences. Phone Post 3.0
I think the point really is that we as fans want to move away from the PPV model so we can fully follow and enjoy the sport. It was too expensive before and increasing the cost seems to be pushing people over the edge. Phone Post 3.0

Guess I'm done buying pay per views. With this and the prelims I think its time to start watching a lot less UFC. Ween myself off if you will. Phone Post 3.0

Gfropr - Guess I'm done buying pay per views. With this and the prelims I think its time to start watching a lot less UFC. Ween myself off if you will. Phone Post 3.0
Pay $20 a month and you can get HBO (boxing, game of thrones etc.) and the movie network. Phone Post 3.0

HarryPalms - People are suprised?

Of course. And this time next year don't be suprised if its $70. They'll keep testing the waters with how much people are willing to keep paying until they see the major backlash and then know that the price has outpaced the demand.

Exactly Phone Post 3.0

(not intended as a slight on the OP btw, just that many had said this may be coming in the future, especially if there are good numbers for UFC 168)

Metafour -
Gfropr - Guess I'm done buying pay per views. With this and the prelims I think its time to start watching a lot less UFC. Ween myself off if you will. Phone Post 3.0
Pay $20 a month and you can get HBO (boxing, game of thrones etc.) and the movie network. Phone Post 3.0
I have HBO lol. That new show next month with Woody Harrelson And Matthew McConaughey looks sick. Phone Post 3.0

All the more reason to steal it....

And on that note, Merry Fucking Christmas Eve mma fans!!!

I will only get. 2-3 a year if that happens!
Thank The Lord there's glory coming up. Phone Post 3.0

Even more reason to keep streaming. I'm buying the card this Sunday but they can't expect fans to pay an extra 5 for these water down ppvs Phone Post 3.0

Soo.. Who's paying $60 for Evans vs Cormier????? Anyone? Yeah.. Me either. Phone Post 3.0