5 year old suspended for bubble blowing toy! WTF?

When will the insanity end???  Jesus fucking christ!    What's next, the death penalty for making a rubber band "gun" with your fingers?  

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/05/18/5-year-old-girl-suspended-for-bringing-bubble-gun-to-school.html?intcmp=hplnws

5-year-old girl suspended for bringing bubble gun to school

A Colorado elementary school burst a 5-year-old girl’s bubble when it suspended her for bringing a bubble gun to school on Monday, FOX31 reported.

The unidentified kindergartner put the plastic bubble-maker in her backpack when she left for Southeast Elementary School in Brighton. The girl’s mom, Emma, said she was unaware her daughter packed the gun, but she found out later that day when the school called and told Emma to pick up her daughter.

“If they had contacted me and said, ‘Can you make sure this doesn’t happen again? We just want you to be aware,’ I think that would have been a more appropriate way to handle the situation,” Emma told FOX31. “Could we have a warning? It blows bubbles.”

Southeast said in a Tuesday statement that the suspension was “consistent with our district policy.” Southeast said “real or facsimile” weapons could “not only create a potential safety concern” but also cause distractions.

“I don’t want her to miss out on class,” Emma said. “That’s a silly reason not to go to school.”

as much as i hate retarded lawsuits

the only way this ends is if people like this sue the school board.

its the only way to counter act the extreme overboard approach school administrations have taken

Bubbles is the nickname of a male classmate

BTW, the school violated its own policy.

However, the district policy does not necessarily support suspension in a case like this.

According to the District’s policy for weapons in school, discretionary discipline may be used if a student displays “a firearm facsimile that could reasonably be mistaken for an actual firearm.”

Anyone who would reasonably mistake that for an actual firearm should immediately be sterilized and forbidden from ever reproducing. 

Pretjah - 

its the only way to counter act the extreme overboard approach school administrations have taken

Sue the school board?  Nope, the principal should be the one getting sued directly.  This is exactly the kind of case I'm always talking about in which people should be held personally responsible for their stupid actions.  

Trust - 

Colorado has apparently been invaded by antigun whackos.  

Kody Smith: Second Grader Written Up For Saying Clouds Looked Like A Gun

A second grade student at Talbott Elementary School In Colorado Springs, Colorado, got in trouble thanks to his big imagination. The teacher in the boy’s class told students to look into the clouds and drew a picture of what they thought they saw. The 8-year-old boy, Kody Smith, thought the clouds were shaped like a gun, so he drew a picture of a gun and showed it to the teacher. The teacher in turn filed a behavioral report, then took the boy to the office and said his behavior was being disruptive to the school’s learning community. 

Another case where the teacher should be sued personally.  

angryinch - 
Pretjah - 

Sue the school board?  Nope, the principal should be the one getting sued directly.  This is exactly the kind of case I'm always talking about in which people should be held personally responsible for their stupid actions.  

sue the school board to make them make a stand for common sense policy instead of hardline zero tolerance policies that create these kinds of bad choices by administrators

and the principal should be fired for costing the school board money. 

Bring bubble "gun" to school, get suspended.

Bring suitcase "Clock" to school with wires sticking out, get invited to White House.

#SeemsLegit Phone Post 3.0

if that image is at all close to the real one she had in school and they interpreted it as a "weapon fascimile" then any one with a banana, hell any boy with a curve to his cock, should be suspended immediately.

i have a money clip that has a nail file, scissors, a bottle opener and a 1 1/4" blade on it.

my son took it to school and was showing his friends. (1st grade 6 years old)

the teacher saw it and thank goodness she is a decent human being with common sense.

she took it and gave it to the principal, who called my wife and said he wasn't in trouble but me or my wife had to pick it up when we picked up our kids as she couldn't give it back to him, as she'd get in trouble if something happened (which of course nothing was gonna happen)

Nitecrawler - Bring bubble "gun" to school, get suspended.

Bring suitcase "Clock" to school with wires sticking out, get invited to White House.

#SeemsLegit Phone Post 3.0

lmao isn't that the truth.

sacredhate - if that image is at all close to the real one she had in school and they interpreted it as a "weapon fascimile" then any one with a banana, hell any boy with a curve to his cock, should be suspended immediately.

This is the "firearm" in question.

I've had nerf gun fights with my students after school before, lucky I haven't been reprimanded yet lol.

How many times do we have to read about kids bringing toy guns to school and getting in trouble before we stop crying about it? It's a rule and it gets enforced. At some point it's on the kids and the parents for letting it happen.

Yea, sometimes it's stupid but rather read about this stuff than kids shooting up schools. Phone Post 3.0

Death Beast - How many times do we have to read about kids bringing toy guns to school and getting in trouble before we stop crying about it? It's a rule and it gets enforced. At some point it's on the kids and the parents for letting it happen.

Yea, sometimes it's stupid but rather read about this stuff than kids shooting up schools. Phone Post 3.0

With bubbles

I hope they lock the kid up, fucking terrorist Phone Post 3.0

Crush Crawfish -
Death Beast - How many times do we have to read about kids bringing toy guns to school and getting in trouble before we stop crying about it? It's a rule and it gets enforced. At some point it's on the kids and the parents for letting it happen.

With bubbles
Lol vu Phone Post 3.0

angryinch -
sacredhate - if that image is at all close to the real one she had in school and they interpreted it as a "weapon fascimile" then any one with a banana, hell any boy with a curve to his cock, should be suspended immediately.

This is the "firearm" in question.

OMG!!! It has a removable, high capacity CLIP!!!!!!!!!!!!! Phone Post 3.0