5 years later: Elite xc's final show.

Really great article.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/10/3/4794990/five-years-later-the-madness-of-elitexcs-final-show Phone Post

Just read it too. Great read.

Heres DFW going off on the promotion.

Ken Shamrock must be a fucking nightmare to work with. Him crying about disrespect because they booked Andrei Arlovski on the card is ridiculous. Trying to hold up EliteXC and CBS for more cash the day before the fight was downright ludicrous. Blading himself to scuttle the fight (I don't buy the BS rolling story), I don't even have the words to explain how nuts that was. The guy has earned every bit of bad fortune that comes his way. He is poisonous.

I remember when that story was scooped on this forum.

. Phone Post

Steve4192 - Ken Shamrock must be a fucking nightmare to work with. Him crying about disrespect because they booked Andrei Arlovski on the card is ridiculous. Trying to hold up EliteXC and CBS for more cash the day before the fight was downright ludicrous. Blading himself to scuttle the fight (I don't buy the BS rolling story), I don't even have the words to explain how nuts that was. The guy has earned every bit of bad fortune that comes his way. He is poisonous.

Very harsh. That being said, I agree with you. The worst part is that he's still doing shady shit like that whole fiasco with the Ian freeman fight. And dont get me started on when he pulled out of the UU96 with an "injury". Phone Post

I love seeing $HITHEAD yelling "backk offff theeeee heeaaaaddddd!!!!" in the slowmo replay

T Phone Post

I bet Kimbo over Ken. He was going to pull a Tank. As soon as the fugazi Shamrock thing happened, UG says either Frank Sham or Petruzelli will replace Ken. I call my bookie and act like I'm doing him a favor, "Ya know what? Just put my money on whoever fills in for Shamrock, make it fun." Awesome.

THE MOST INCREDIBLE VICTORY IN MIXED MARTIAL ARTS SETH PETRUZELLI!!!!!!!!

I pitched an article like a month after this called "The Man Who Should be King" about Seth's 'improbable' victory over a media sensation and why wasn't it catapulting his career.

If he listened to my advice, embraced his inner Guido and became The Sethuation, paisan woulda got paid.

It was a nightmare of an event. Ken and his wife throwing tantrums. Tommy Morrison wanted to sit next to hulk hogan and hulk refused lol. Roy Nelson wanting to talk shit to Kimbo, current Olympic Freestyle coach Brandon Slay was Ken Shamrocks coach but Ken wouldn't listen Phone Post 3.0

ROCKY!!

ROCKY IS HERE!!

SETH PETRUZELLI SHOCKS THE WORLD!!

THE MOST INCREDIBLE VICTORY IN THE HISTORY OF MIXED MARTIAL ARTS!!!!

EXC good times. I remember going to Kimbo Thompson in Newark, NJ Phone Post 3.0

RUSRedDevil - It was a nightmare of an event. Ken and his wife throwing tantrums. Tommy Morrison wanted to sit next to hulk hogan and hulk refused lol. Roy Nelson wanting to talk shit to Kimbo, current Olympic Freestyle coach Brandon Slay was Ken Shamrocks coach but Ken wouldn't listen Phone Post 3.0
Hulk Hogan isn't a fan of HIV? Phone Post 3.0

jmacdoug - I love seeing $HITHEAD yelling "backk offff theeeee heeaaaaddddd!!!!" in the slowmo replay
Skala actually sort of comes off as ok in the article. Surprised me. Phone Post 3.0

caposa - 

ROCKY!!

ROCKY IS HERE!!

SETH PETRUZELLI SHOCKS THE WORLD!!

THE MOST INCREDIBLE VICTORY IN THE HISTORY OF MIXED MARTIAL ARTS!!!!

sometimes these things happen in mma

RearNakedToke -
RUSRedDevil - It was a nightmare of an event. Ken and his wife throwing tantrums. Tommy Morrison wanted to sit next to hulk hogan and hulk refused lol. Roy Nelson wanting to talk shit to Kimbo, current Olympic Freestyle coach Brandon Slay was Ken Shamrocks coach but Ken wouldn't listen Phone Post 3.0
Hulk Hogan isn't a fan of HIV? Phone Post 3.0
Lol...

RIP tommy gun Phone Post 3.0