50/50 is now Alliance?

shermbe - doesn't make sense for Ryan to go to alliance when he's in the same division as Langhi and Lepri. unless he's gonna drop weight and go in cobrinha's division.

jt was promoted from purple to brown at performance JJ. went to lloyd as a brown.

Hall is in cobrinhas division.

Alliance probably needs help taking on the Atos Squadron (2 mendes, frazzato, Eduardo).
So it works out for everyone.

BruceLeeMMAfighting - 
Daniel/CGJJ - Correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't Brasa an Alliance offshoot?

Yes it is.

It's guys like Costa and Comprido who left Alliance and formed their own team Master then Brasa. The dispute was over money at the time because Comprido participated in the new BJJ World Cup (which paid cash) an act that was not allowed by Alliance.

Jacare formed Master before Alliance. I think they immediately left and formed Brasa. Master is Jacare's and always has been.

I don't think Alliance needs any help from 50/50 to take on Atos though; I believe we can handle it ourselves.

I welcome anyone who comes to train at Alliance. It is actually a very good school and you can learn a lot fast.

I am sure he will not rep Alliance though as the name of his school; it will likely only be for tournament points.

HAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!

Probably so he can train with Marcelo in NYC and officially represent him.

kying418 - Posted on Sherdog Grappling Forum and confirmed by one of Ryan's purple belts.

I don't know anything about it- but I'm surprised it wasn't mentioned at all on the BJJ forum (which this should prob be moved to, as I'm assuming most UG'ers don't know what 50/50 is).

Link?

Caddock - it's because he was offered a discount on affiliation fees...

I see what you did there... and I like it.

TTT for an explanation from Hall.

Seems like a nice guy, and I enjoy watching him roll, but he does switch teams allot for a professional.

ttt

I knew Ryan when he was a White Belt. He his a good guy . To make assumptions about the type of person he is plain stupid.Ryan is a business Owner/competitor and has to do what is right for Ryan - not some other guy/federation. You only live once and have to do what is in your best intrest

50/50 Phone Post

phatcat - I knew Ryan when he was a White Belt. He his a good guy . To make assumptions about the type of person he is plain stupid.Ryan is a business Owner/competitor and has to do what is right for Ryan - not some other guy/federation. You only live once and have to do what is in your best intrest

Well said

First a-hole to post a link to shitdog gets voted down.  Ryan Hall will probably do an interview and let's just post that.  The second the UG starts routinely getting material from Shitdog is the day this forum starts to go down. 

BrCutter -  First a-hole to post a link to shitdog gets voted down.  Ryan Hall will probably do an interview and let's just post that.  The second the UG starts routinely getting material from Shitdog is the day this forum starts to go down. 

I agree- Sherdog's grappling forum is much worse than this one...but I was surprised that it wasn't mentioned here first.

And, even when it was posted there, nobody mentioned it for awhile here.

First time Sherdog's forum was better haha.

Remember the video of the interview Ryan did when giving that seminar in the UK? At the time he said,

"I don't represent Marcelo in competition, and I don't want to be that guy that just shows up and tries to take and take and then never gives enough back"

http://vimeo.com/21360169

It seems that as he developed more and more of a relationship with Marcelo's gym (for example, his long time training partner and coach, Paul, instructs there) it just made sense to form this alliance, particularly in light of the quote above.

It seems to me that training under Garcia will be good for both Ryan and his students, since they now have access to world-class coaching and training nearby. Hopefully it works out for everyone involved.

creonte

interesting....

JuDoK@ - 
BruceLeeMMAfighting - 
Daniel/CGJJ - Correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't Brasa an Alliance offshoot?

Yes it is.

It's guys like Costa and Comprido who left Alliance and formed their own team Master then Brasa. The dispute was over money at the time because Comprido participated in the new BJJ World Cup (which paid cash) an act that was not allowed by Alliance.

Jacare formed Master before Alliance. I think they immediately left and formed Brasa. Master is Jacare's and always has been.

I don't think Alliance needs any help from 50/50 to take on Atos though; I believe we can handle it ourselves.

I welcome anyone who comes to train at Alliance. It is actually a very good school and you can learn a lot fast.

I am sure he will not rep Alliance though as the name of his school; it will likely only be for tournament points.

Alliance evolution:

The OG was Master JJ formed by Master Jacare. Then Alliance was formed with Master Jacare and his top students including Grugel and Pavia.

From Alliance there was split basically between, at the time, the new and old guard. The team was split into Alliance and Master. Leozinho and the younger generation at the time still wanted to be under Mater Jacare and used the Master team name.

Then another split occurred. The 'new' Master team split from any Alliance/Master Jacare association and formed Brasa.

Then Brasa split into Checkmat and Brasa. Checkmat split into Atos and Checkmat. Brasa split again, Comprido is no longer part of Brasa and neither is Traven, who for a brief period was part of Brasa.

kying418 - 
BrCutter -  First a-hole to post a link to shitdog gets voted down.  Ryan Hall will probably do an interview and let's just post that.  The second the UG starts routinely getting material from Shitdog is the day this forum starts to go down. 

I agree- Sherdog's grappling forum is much worse than this one...but I was surprised that it wasn't mentioned here first.

And, even when it was posted there, nobody mentioned it for awhile here.

First time Sherdog's forum was better haha.
LOL, thanks kying.  Maybe I was a little harsh, but it's got to come to a stop.  The dude switched to an awesome instructor and he'll probably talk about it in an interview in the very near future.  We as the UG/Atama BJJ forum can try not to be a bunch of gossipy bitches like the Sherdoggers.  Let's man up. 

LOL, I actually agree. I apologize for the request.

LOL, yeah bro CJJScout. haha. We cannot become Sh*tdog.

Snapple=Probably the best mod.  I know it's a simple move of a thread, but what other mod would say if you really want to keep it on the UG, just let me know?