50 years ago a whale exploded

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6CLumsir34

14 Likes

Sephiroth killed your girlfriend.

2 Likes

Never forget. 

1 Like

“The Oregon Highway Division had decided the best way to remove the dead 8-ton sperm whale that had washed ashore was to stuff it with 24 cases of dynamite and blow it up.”

“Chunks of the sea creature flew in the air like shrapnel, sending screaming onlookers running and even flattening a car.”

“All of a sudden, we realized blubber is coming down … There was that momentary ‘Oh … This stuff is landing.’ And it could have hit us,” Linnman recalled."

lol the video is so damn funny every single year

2 Likes
TheBearStare -

![](upload://lJS2mQnIULzJ7WVRkW5Gs1724DU.gif)

Kinda like those reactors you and your rag-tag team of rebels blew up!

1 Like

I feel like they should of used less dynamite. 

1 Like

Rest in pieces.

1 Like

Dad gum

The guy who’s car got destroyed was Walt Umenhofer. He passed a few years ago, but he owned a shooting range and firearms store in Eugene, OR for a few decades. He would rent you a full-auto Tommy Gun (that was his big gimmick) to use at the range. I bought my first AR from him in the late 90s. Such an interesting guy, talking to him was like talking to Orson Welles. It’s fitting that it would have landed on his car and only his car, just so he’d have something else interesting to talk about.

4 Likes

The internet's first viral video. 

TheBearStare -

Holy shit I shouldn't know what this is. I watched my cousin play that fucking game one summer at my grandma's house. It's all he ever did. I did breed chocobos and race them though. 

Your government tax dollars hard at work..??

Freaky_Hibiki - The guy who's car got destroyed was Walt Umenhofer. He passed a few years ago, but he owned a shooting range and firearms store in Eugene, OR for a few decades. He would rent you a full-auto Tommy Gun (that was his big gimmick) to use at the range. I bought my first AR from him in the late 90s. Such an interesting guy, talking to him was like talking to Orson Welles. It's fitting that it would have landed on his car and only his car, just so he'd have something else interesting to talk about.

So he was interesting before the whale hit his car, lol

1 Like

The Simpsons did a parody on this, had no idea it actually happened, lol

I want to go the same way. After a recent Thanksgiving, I’m not significantly different in size

Some ideas are better on paper than in practice…

I haven't seen that in years and just watched tremors 1 and 2 and I fucked lost it lol

Thai Dye -

I feel like they should of used less dynamite. 

Or more. 

TheBearStare - 

False.

1 Like