565 Deadlift!!!!

I've been pulling strapless for about 8 months I guess. Never planned on competing till recently. I've pulled 585 with straps about a year ago, but once I took the straps out of the equation, it set me all the way back to 455 to start out with. It's been a long road, filled with 45 lb plate flips, hanging from pullup bars till my fingers go numb, and generally doing a lot of deadlifts, but I finally pulled over 550 without straps. I pulled 535 at my competition 2 weeks ago, and it came up so damn easy, I was mad at myself for not going higher. At the time, that was a strapless PR. Well tonight I went for 545, same story, easy money. I decide to go up for one more big pull, but the bar won't hold anymore weight (we have a long competition 55lb bar but I wasn't about to switch out all the weight by myself) so it was either replace the 25s with 35s or nothing. And presto 565 was pulled. No straps, just a belt, and some shitty ass music in the background, lol. Enjoy gentlemen.

Nice work, 565 looked easy too, I can't wait to hit 500

Fuckin awesome man. Vu! Phone Post 3.0

Haha and a stiff legged dead lift no less ;)

Good work

Good job, very impressive.

Your ROM is huge. I thought the bar was gonna keep going up right out of the picture.

I HATE you.  Great work.

I'm guessing at 320 he's a tall guy...

Good work dude!

nice job man, that is huge. Im very impressed!

vermonter - Haha and a stiff legged dead lift no less ;)

Good work

It wasn;t stiff legged, I think its just the angle of the vid. I had to set my phone on a box and prop it up with a 2 1/2 pound weight lol. Unless your seeing something Im not, in which case please enlighten me.

Also, Jeremy, yes Im 6'2" and my ROM for the deadlift is huge...sucks, but gotta work with what god gave me.

paw - 

I HATE you.  Great work.

Awww...man, can't we just be friends? Vote ups for everyone.

BEAST MODE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boss..

I would need to take a week off just loading and unloading that bar!

NeoSpartan - BEAST MODE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's not a "mode" when you do it 24/7/365.....I kid I kid.

LiftorDie - 
NeoSpartan - BEAST MODE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's not a "mode" when you do it 24/7/365.....I kid I kid.

I don't know how to phrase that properly but it would make an excellent shirt lol

LiftorDie - 

Good work

It wasn;t stiff legged, I think its just the angle of the vid. I had to set my phone on a box and prop it up with a 2 1/2 pound weight lol. Unless your seeing something Im not, in which case please enlighten me.

Also, Jeremy, yes Im 6'2" and my ROM for the deadlift is huge...sucks, but gotta work with what god gave me.

I rewatched and I think some of what I saw was the angle especially since the first Vid looked fine. Last time I watch, though, I saw the second one first. Butt seems to come up a bit fast, well before you've cleared your shins. Could be camera, plus your leverages, plus viewing on my phone but it was different compared with the first Vid insofar as I can tell

I haven't trained with straps for a long time, I find they really throw me off now when I try to use them and I actually feel stronger without them. www.ironmind.com has a wealth of info and special equipment to improve your hand strength.

vermonter - 
LiftorDie - 

Good work

I rewatched and I think some of what I saw was the angle especially since the first Vid looked fine. Last time I watch, though, I saw the second one first. Butt seems to come up a bit fast, well before you've cleared your shins. Could be camera, plus your leverages, plus viewing on my phone but it was different compared with the first Vid insofar as I can tell

Thanks for the input. Yes I came up a bit early, but that's typically how I pull. I hate the butt down form some people harp on, it's not a clean, it's a deadlift, but I did certainly bring come up a little fast in the 55 vid. (my humble opinion, I say pull however you can pull the most weight without injuring yourself). And I agree the two vids look a little different, probably the difference between maximal and sub maximal effort. again, thanks for the input. I love it. I watched both videos many times, and I think I learned a lot about my own pull just watching, so thanks for the heads up.

Oh I agree. For tall guys especially a coan pull just doesn't work. I just meant basically what you said. The max pull took you out of your groove a bit, but the hammies finished the job! You might have been able to get 10 or 20 more lbs if you'd have kept your ass down longer. Might be a ham dominance thing. Might want to spend some time on your quads.