57% of Americans believe in the devil

http://washingtonexaminer.com/57-believe-in-the-devil-72-for-blacks-61-for-women/article/2536055

57% believe in the devil, 72% for blacks, 61% for women

A majority of Americans believe in the devil, especially blacks and women, according to a new national poll about exorcism.

The YouGov survey found that 57 percent believe the devil lurks; 72 percent for African Americans and 61 percent for women. Republicans said the devil exists more than Democrats, 65 percent to 55 percent.

The poll coincides with terrible headlines again filled with disasters, killings and reports that the new Pope Francis is obsessed with the devil and exorcisms.

At least 42 percent believe people are occasionally possessed by the devil and a full majority, 51 percent, said people can be possessed by the devil “or some other evil spirit.”

Naturally that leads people to consider exorcism. YouGov found in its survey of 1,000 that 46 percent believe in the power of exorcism, while just 19 percent don’t.

But it is mostly a Christian fear. While eight in 10 Christians believe in the devil, just 25 percent of Muslims and 17 percent of Jews do.

News just in.....57% of Americans are morons

Tidbits - News just in.....57% of Americans are morons

Are you saying that 72% of Blacks are morons?

I'd be very surprised if the number were that low. Look at movies, TV shows, elected officials... it has to be closer to 85 or 90%.

Rev Horror - 

fucking hilarious

Since 1982, between 40% and 50% of adults in the United States say they hold the creationist view that "God created humans in their present form at one time within the last 10,000 years" when Gallup asked for their views on the origin and development of human beings.

As of 2012, the percentage of believers decreases as the level of education increases. Only 25% of respondents with postgraduate degrees believed compared with 52% of those with a high school education or less. A 2011 Gallup survey reports that 30% of U.S. adults say they interpret the Bible literally.

Rev Horror - 

LOL

Muslims don't believe in the devil???

in_different - 
Rev Horror - 

fucking hilarious

lol

I was out at dinner with a black coworker when a magician who was doubling as a bartender in the restaurant came over and did some magic tricks. After the guy left, my coworker said he should have ran off in horror to stay true to stereotype.

The other 43 percent are atheists who will begin to believe once the taste the fires of hell. But by then it will be too late.  Muwhahaha.

Rev Horror - 

Anyone, black, white, yellow, purple, earthling, martian, Niburian that believes this mumbo-jumbo is a moron. If 72% of blacks believe this, than yes, they are morons.

I have faced the devil many times in Diablo 3.

Don't see what the issue is here. Phone Post

I'm pretty sure God will let me into heaven if I find myself in hell and try to reason with him. I'll make him feel guilty and shit.

I BELIEVE IN A THING CALLED LOVE.....JUST LISTEN TO THE RHYTHM OF THE HEART.

RamK - Muslims don't believe in the devil???

Apparently they have no self esteem

RamK - Muslims don't believe in the devil???

Not that they would need one, but Islam is Abrahamic just like Judaism and Xianity. It's Shaytan, a corruption of Satan, but their perception is different than the Xian.

Honestly, who needs a devil when you have Allah and Mohemed? Slaughtering millions, pedophile, beheading and stoning people, promotion of slavery, molestation & rape, killing of non-believers, dashing babies against rocks, killing apostates, beating children who won't pray, honor killings, forced conversions, crusades, burning Kaffirs alive, chopping hands and feet off of thieves, cutting tongues out, etc. - all things in the Qoran and either done or promoted by both Mohemed and Allah. With leaders and a god like that, what the fuck need is there for a devil?!

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled...

...was convincing the world he didn't exist Phone Post

I've seen the devil, and his name is William Shatner.

DAMN YOU WILLIAM SHATNER.

Rev Horror - 

Yes. The 72% of Blacks who comprise the 57% of Americans who believe in the devil are morons.