59% of Brazilian Fans Believe Shogun won While 90%

there's been a lot of talk about rogan being biased, and he was, but to clarify that sentiment, what rogan does is he will praise something one of the fighters does and then for the remainder of the fight he will continue to praise that fighter and ignore the other one. put simply, the first person he praises in the fight will be the only person he praises in the fight. this holds true of the vast majority of fights he commentates. in general he's a great commentator but this one flaw is so pronounced and silly that it merits further attention.

I was at the fight.

and 99% thought Shogun won. the boos that filled the air after the awful decision that was rendered proves my statistical truth.

by the way none of us could hear Rogan, so your point is moot.

Source or gtfo

Frog-Jitsu - I was at the fight.

and 99% thought Shogun won. the boos that filled the air after the awful decision that was rendered proves my statistical truth.

the boos could be for Machida's lacklustre performance.

Machida was backpedalling more than Shogun.

the fight itself was terrible for the drunk spectators as well. more than one reason to boo really.

Funny thing is... if I'm to believe your numbers...

Brazilian fans or U.S. fans... whichever, on average thought Shogun won. Gap is different, consensus the same.

im brazilian and i thought Machida won.

59 > 41

Heedless1 - Funny thing is... if I'm to believe your numbers...

Brazilian fans or U.S. fans... whichever, on average thought Shogun won. Gap is different, consensus the same.

i already sourced myself.

the numbers are directly from tatame. they had an online poll.

disbeliever - So your saying the majority of people in two countries thought shogun won?

I'm saying Joe Rogan's biased sensationalism swayed 30% of voters.

disbeliever - 
D0N Johnson - 
disbeliever - So your saying the majority of people in two countries thought shogun won?

I'm saying Joe Rogan's biased sensationalism swayed 30% of voters.

But the majority in 2 countries still think Shogun won, right?

that's not the point of my thread. is it einstein?

Druskee27 - This thread is a fail without any Pie Charts to back up the 59% claim

ur a fail for claiming fail before reading the source from tatame.

D0N Johnson - 
blue63 - Or, Machida and Anderson have a much larger fan base there who will blindly believe anything those two say.

Pro fighters who thought Shogun won:

- Anthony Johnson (post-fight conference)
- Joe Stevenson (post-fight conference)
- Cain Velasquez (post-fight conference)
- Shane Carwin (via Twitter)
"great night of fights. further proof you have to finish as the judges just can't score MMA"
- Denis Kang (via Twitter)
"Shogun got robbed last night IMO."
- Efrain Escudero (via Twitter)
"I'm sorry but shogun won that fight easy"
- Kenny Florian (via Twitter)
"I love Machida but Shogun won that fight!!"
- Joe Lauzon (via Twitter)
"I think Shogun won it."
- Frank Trigg
"he [Shogun] got robbed, was looking 4 don king"
- Roy Nelson
"I just lost $5 on shogun, I am mad, shogun won 4 rounds to 1"
- Joe Doerkson
"Shogun won four rounds out of five ... I am disgusted."
- Brendan Schaub
"Shogun won that fight."
Miletich (via Twitter)
"Hawks win last night, Shogun robbed and Big Ben loses debut. He'll be back after some wrestling"
- Jorge Gurgel
"Wow. I was cheering for Machida, but believe Shogun just got robbed... That is the very worst feeling in the world."
-Frank Shamrock (via Twitter)
"Shogun won that fight"
-Tiki (via Twitter)
"Karate doesn't work against Muay Thai"
- BJ Penn (via Facebook)
"Did Shogun win? yeah."
-Rampage
-Forrest Griffin
-Elvis

Pro fighters who though Machida won:
-Lyoto Machida
-Anderson Silva

Profighters who thought Machida won:

Demian Maia: “People say that to take the belt from the champion, the fighter has to be clearly superior. In that case, they should have decided a draw, so Lyoto could keep the belt.”

Marcus "Conan" Silveira: “Concerning a points score, Shogun won, but I don’t think he was efficient enough to be the new UFC champion."

It was a close fight. It doesn't matter if you think Shogun won, there are no draws in Championship fights. When it's a draw, the decision goes to the Champ.

umm yeah they're saying shogun didnt knock him out or submit him...that's not the question, the question is who WON the fight. The champion getting a head start argument is complete and utter lunacy that stems from the rule saying if there's a DRAW then the champ retains the belt. From that, complete idiots who have no idea how to rationalize or comprehend basic ideas of logic form these opinions. It's really annoying.

Yeah we didn't have Joe Rogan down here but we had Carlos Barrets rooting for Lyoto Machilda during all the fight.Another problem, Jorge Guimares Lyoto's maager has a TV show on the same cable tv which airs UFC here in Brazil. So just imagine the scenario on Lyoto's favour.

And except for Anderson Silva, all the brazilain fighters whcch were inteviewed said that Shogun won the fight the same went with all the guys with i've talked about and all brazilaians fight forums.

By the way, i felt ashamed for how biased where The UFC intermission here in Brazil. Lyoto is Premiere Combate new poster boy..so...

ps:sorry for the English mistakes.

Ed Soares and Jorge Guimarães are partners.

blue63 - 
-Tiki (via Twitter)
"Karate doesn't work against Muay Thai"

Wand is a MT guy as well. Same with Ninja. Would they have done the same cuz "karate doesnt work against MT?"

What about Thiago Silva?

hey don, what were you doing in the ring congratulating fedor after his clobbering of sylvia?

bam57bam - gtf outta here!!!

By the way, some of the old BS rivarly between Vhute Boxe and BTT remians And some with the old school Jiu-Jitsu mentallity will always see Shogun as an ''enemy'', even he a JJ BLack Belt
UFC webcast

And examples for how biased was the brazilin webcats:

When the crowd started to chant Shogun, Shogun (on the 4 round) Carlos Barreto and the announcer started to say that the crowd was asking for Combat( Combate);

carlos Barreto afetr the 3 round started to say that Lyoto wasn't moving as he others fights but nevre mention the obvious reason: Shogun''s low kicks;

And when the crwod booe dthe decision Barreto said :''they are booing because they don't know nothing about mma''.

I will post more latter

edit