60 Minutes reporter dead..car crash..Bob Simon

woah

'60 Minutes' Correspondent Bob Simon Dead at 73

60 Minutes correspondent Bob Simon died Wednesday evening in a car accident in New York.

The CBS newsman was riding in a livery cab that struck another car and then crashed into a median on the West Side Highway, his network confirmed.

Simon, the recipient of multiple Emmy awards — including a Lifetime Achievement Emmy — joined the Eye Network’s news division in 1967. He began regularly contributing to the Sunday-night newsmagazine in 1996.

An accomplished foreign journalist, Simon’s overseas assignments often involved real danger. At the beginning of the Gulf War in 1991, he and his team were captured and held for 40 days by Iraqi forces.

He also was a correspondent for 60 Minutes II; when that series wrapped in 2005, he worked full-time on 60 Minutes. Simon’s most recent piece for the series was a feature on the Academy Award-nominated film Selma.

Simon is survived by his wife, Françoise, and his daughter, Tanya, who is a 60 Minutes producer.

https://tv.yahoo.com/news/60-minutes-bob-simon-dead-023754190.html

Damn after all ... Reporting in war zones then to get killed in a car crash... Phone Post 3.0

Bob Simon (May 29, 1941 – February 11, 2015) was a CBS News television correspondent.

From 1964 to 1967, Simon served as an American Foreign Service officer and was a Fulbright Scholar in France and a Woodrow Wilson scholar. From 1969 to 1971, he served a tour in the CBS News London bureau. From 1971 to 1977, he was based in the London and Saigon bureaus, where he served as a Vietnam War correspondent. From 1977 to 1981, he was assigned to the CBS News Tel Aviv bureau.

From 1981 to 1982, he spent time in Washington, D.C., as the CBS News State Department correspondent. From 1982 to 1987, Simon served as a New York-based CBS News national correspondent. In 1987, Simon was named the CBS News Chief Middle Eastern correspondent.[1]

During the opening days of the Gulf War in January 1991, Simon and his CBS News team were captured by Iraqi forces and spent 40 days in Iraqi prisons; he later chronicled the experience in the book Forty Days.

In 1996, Simon joined 60 Minutes as a correspondent, and in 1998, he was named a 60 Minutes II correspondent. Notable stories he has done in recent years include the first profile of the so-called Lost Boys of Sudan and an exclusive interview with Iraqi Shiite insurgency leader Muqtada al-Sadr. Most recently, he had served as the senior foreign correspondent on 60 Minutes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Simon

RIP

RIP

Very sad. Phone Post 3.0

Damn Phone Post 3.0

Why couldn't it have been Kanye....so sad Phone Post 3.0

RIP sir Phone Post 3.0

That sucks .. I liked that guy Phone Post 3.0

God damn I'll miss him. I've came home drunk many times too tired to change the channel so I jerked off to his voice many a night. Phone Post 3.0

Geoff G Electric - That sucks .. I liked that guy Phone Post 3.0
This. RIP. Phone Post 3.0

He was the best of the bunch. RIP

73 years old and the dude decides to go to Chernobyl. Boss.

(Starts at 16;20)

wow rip Phone Post 3.0

RIP

Was Brian Williams behind it? Phone Post 3.0

The Spirit Of Captain Boosee - Why couldn't it have been Kanye....so sad Phone Post 3.0
So much this Phone Post 3.0

uniquetechnique - RIP

Was Brian Williams behind it? Phone Post 3.0

No, but by this time next year he'll be telling people he was in the car too.

That's sad. Hard to imagine anyone going fast enough on West Side Hwy to to have a fatal accident. Wonder if he wasn't wearing a seatbelt in the back of the cab.