60yr old woman driver kills child

A six-year-old girl who was hit by a car that crashed through the front of a Costco store in London, Ont., has died in hospital, police said Sunday.

She has been identified as Addison Hall of London.

The girl's pregnant mother and three-year-old sister were also struck when the driver of a red Monte Carlo reversed through the front entrance of the store around noon on Friday.

Danah McKinnon Bozek was rushed to hospital and underwent an emergency C-section. Her condition was upgraded to fair on Sunday.

Police say the newborn, along with the woman's three-year-old daughter, Miah Bozek, remain in critical condition.

The collision caused panic among those shopping in the busy store on Wellington Road South. Two other people who were injured in the crash as well the driver
of the car have been released from hospital.

Police are asking any witnesses to come forward.

The London Free Press says the car was driven by a woman in her 60s.

Police are still trying to determine whether charges will be laid.

Bozek's husband, Steve Bozek, posted a photo of his daughter Addison as a new profile picture on his Facebook page Saturday, a day after the tragedy.

The posting has prompted an outpouring of condolences from friends and family.

Danah and Steve Bozek were married in 2012, according to her Facebook page.

Awful.

God dammit. very sad... 60's isn't that old.. shit I don't know what to think. Phone Post 3.0

Miah Bozek, 3, was critically injured after being struck by a car that crashed into a south London Costco on Friday. (Facebook photo)

Gut-wrenching.

The elderly should be required to take a drive test every year or something. Things like this can't keep happening. There's an old ass lady who lives next door that has wrecked her car twice already in 3 years.

I do t know how much that would help, but you have to start somewhere. Phone Post 3.0

Sensei Milla 209TT - Gut-wrenching.

The elderly should be required to take a drive test every year or something. Things like this can't keep happening. There's an old ass lady who lives next door that has wrecked her car twice already in 3 years.

I do t know how much that would help, but you have to start somewhere. Phone Post 3.0

60 Isn't elderly

Barbasol OOTFFTT -

60 Isn't elderly
Bullshit. Yes it is. If somehow, by your standard it isn't, then I meant to say "old ass bitches"

This happened because of carelessness and panic, textbook traits of the elderly. We're not talking about Susan Sarandon here. Phone Post 3.0

How the fuck does that even happen? Phone Post 3.0

I remember when I was younger and I worked at a Wendy's, this older gentleman thought he put his car in reverse, floored it, and drove his car straight through one of our walls. Thankfully nobody was hurt. Gotta love the elderly.

Hopefully driverless cars will prevent these tragedies Phone Post 3.0

springfield - Hopefully driverless cars will prevent these tragedies Phone Post 3.0

I don't know why but I just got a mental image of a robot punching my windshield out and informing me that I'm experiencing a car accident.

Sensei Milla 209TT -
Barbasol OOTFFTT -

60 Isn't elderly
Bullshit. Yes it is. If somehow, by your standard it isn't, then I meant to say "old ass bitches"

This happened because of carelessness and panic, textbook traits of the elderly. We're not talking about Susan Sarandon here. Phone Post 3.0
No. 60's isn't in no way "old" in the sense incompetent or unable to drive. Age is not relevant here. Yes sad situation but not due to age. Phone Post 3.0

I've run into the back of a car sitting at a red light thinking it turned green...it didnt. Phone Post 3.0

Festus - I've run into the back of a car sitting at a red light thinking it turned green...it didnt. Phone Post 3.0

Do me a favor... flash your lights whenever you're at a stop light. That way if I get you behind me, I'll know to just run it.

TheHoarseWhisperer -
springfield - Hopefully driverless cars will prevent these tragedies Phone Post 3.0

I don't know why but I just got a mental image of a robot punching my windshield out and informing me that I'm experiencing a car accident.

You are making a mistake. My logic is undeniable. Phone Post 3.0

springfield - 
TheHoarseWhisperer -

You are making a mistake. My logic is undeniable. Phone Post 3.0

TheHoarseWhisperer -
Festus - I've run into the back of a car sitting at a red light thinking it turned green...it didnt. Phone Post 3.0

Do me a favor... flash your lights whenever you're at a stop light. That way if I get you behind me, I'll know to just run it.

Lmao. Will do Phone Post 3.0

"No. 60's isn't in no way "old" in the sense incompetent or unable to drive. Age is not relevant here. Yes sad situation but not due to age."

69 can be pretty old. Depends on the person, everyone ages differently. Passing a test at 16 shouldn't give you the right to continue driving 53 years later under the assumption that people's abilities don't degrade.

For most people passing a simple test to check vision and reflexes and basic awareness would not be a problem in their 60's. I'm sure some people would be able to pass it well into their 90's. But some people wouldn't, and those people should not be granted the privilege of driving.

Age may have had absolutely nothing to do with this. But since there is a lack of follow up testing we'll never know - all we may know is that she passed a driver's test at some point in the past (probably some time in the 1960's).

For the normal/average person, 60 is definitely not old enough to have age related degeneration significant enough to impair driving ability and I don't see how age is at all relevant here.

Requiring ALL people to take driving competency tests regularly is a better solution than trying to pick an arbitrary age after which testing becomes necessary. Every 10 years until age 70, and then every 5 years after that, or something like that. For women/Asians, every 2 years no matter the age.