60yr old woman driver kills child

Edited because I was making a joke and this thread isn't the place for it.

Driving is a privilege, not a right. And governments love rules and taking money from us folks right? So why does forcing people 65 and older to take driving tests to renew their licenses isn't a reality yet? It still wouldn't prevent a tragedy like this one but would take a lot of dangerous folks off the road. And if you happen to be fit and functional at 85, then drive on!

Even if you think you have the car in reverse, who fucking floors it when reversing out if a parking space? Phone Post 3.0

RTWu - Even if you think you have the car in reverse, who fucking floors it when reversing out if a parking space? Phone Post 3.0

An old man that takes "druve thru" too literally.

Sprawl'n'Stall - Driving is a privilege, not a right. And governments love rules and taking money from us folks right? So why does forcing people 65 and older to take driving tests to renew their licenses isn't a reality yet? It still wouldn't prevent a tragedy like this one but would take a lot of dangerous folks off the road. And if you happen to be fit and functional at 85, then drive on!

Probably because it's an unpopular motion with a portion of the voting body. If we take away the elderly's right to vote, you would likely see politicians crack down on elderly driving more freely.

MMAdotCOM - Imagine how many lives and how much money would be saved if we took the $2 trillion spent in the Middle Eastern wars and spent it on self-driving cars or some other type of 21st century roadway system...

I can't speculate on how much it would cost with upkeep and what kind of irritations it would cause when the system breaks down and everybody on that road is stuck in place because their car doesn't know how to do a three point turn. I do know that it would very likely save a LOT of lives per year. Although then again, if we weren't spending trillions of dollars on various projects to combat the rationale of hating us, we would also be saving lives but that's a different argument.

Ridgeback - 

If 60 is elderly then why does social security encourage you to work way past that point? 

People should probably not generalize a particular tragedy.  Young people are still responsible for most deadly accidents.

You can't go by a specific age because different people lose their motor skills at a particular age. 60 is insanely young to become a senile driver but I do think something should be done to monitor your abilities once you get closer to 70.

Ridgeback - 

If 60 is elderly then why does social security encourage you to work way past that point? 

People should probably not generalize a particular tragedy.  Young people are still responsible for most deadly accidents.

It doesn't say 60, it says 60's. And she was described by witnesses as an 'elderly woman.' She told one of the witnesses that her foot got stuck on the gas pedal - whatever the hell that means. From the reports it sounds like she floored it in reverse.

my family has had 2 incidents with elderly drivers

most recently my 18 yr old cousing was walking out of a rite aid here in jersey and a 71 yr old plow his car thru the entrance

she was able to quickly jump to the side thank god

i cant seem to find the video anymore but here is a still

and years ago an ederly 81 yr old crashed thru my mother in law's house..

my comp is being weird with videos and i cant see them

can you guys see this?

this is the video of my cousin nearly getting run over

Vid works for me limbo

That's crazy Phone Post 3.0

Festus - Vid works for me limbo

That's crazy Phone Post 3.0

thanks

here is a pic of the 81 yr old that slammed into my mother in laws house

my 3 yr old son plays in that same exact room when we drop him off for baby sitting

You can't park there!!

Damn In Limbo, what are the odds, glad everyone is OK.

OGer "Big mike" or something posted a video of an old lady crashing thru his store front while his little daughters was sitting at a desk

holy shit

GenErick - Damn In Limbo, what are the odds, glad everyone is OK.

thanks

my cousin was actually picking up my grandmother's medication (she was waiting in the car w my aunt)

thank god it was my much younger and healthier cousin (6 ft tall varisty girls basketball) that went in instead of my frail grandmother or clumsy old aunt

TheHoarseWhisperer - 
Sprawl'n'Stall - Driving is a privilege, not a right. And governments love rules and taking money from us folks right? So why does forcing people 65 and older to take driving tests to renew their licenses isn't a reality yet? It still wouldn't prevent a tragedy like this one but would take a lot of dangerous folks off the road. And if you happen to be fit and functional at 85, then drive on!

Probably because it's an unpopular motion with a portion of the voting body. If we take away the elderly's right to vote, you would likely see politicians crack down on elderly driving more freely.

I get that, but I'm not quite sure how unpopular it would be. For examples, spouses of dangerous drivers would be relieved. Such as most sons/daughters that are in their 40s/50s/60s themselves (and voting). And if someone is very old yet fully functional he/she shouldn't be penalized so they would be happy with that too.

this thread is infuriating. i'm laying on the couch and experiencing road rage.

LOL@ someone voting me down for saying old people should be tested at the DMV yearly.

Who's the 59 year old who took offense at 60 being elderly? Phone Post 3.0

Here in Quebec we had an 18 year old who had already lost his licence due to dangerous driving, lose control of his car and kill a 3 year old girl in her backyard.

He received 2 years to be served in the community.