62yr Old Jiu Jitsu Practitioner Was Attacked Whoa!

Before he did Jiu jitsu he was a world champion boxer.

![Shannon Briggs - Wikipedia](upload://3xbnBxyI3VG87MDoO1UZhY8v2gp.jpeg)

![Former heavyweight boxing champion Shannon Briggs signs deal with Bare Knuckle FC - CBSSports.com](upload://34WS3C8QZdObQir3Tm95a9OlD7V.jpeg)

2 Likes
sureshock - 

How do you BJJ guys get the choke without having the fear of suffocating someone? They always say the choke puts them to sleep but I would be deathly afraid to do that to someone fearing maybe it would kill them. You are basically stopping them from breathing. What if in a street fight like this the poor asshole that got beat up, has a pre existing condition or is so high on drugs it would be easy to kill the guy like Floyd's case. Scary situation. Good thing they had CCtv footage. This old dude was exactly terrified of his future in case the guy was dead. 

blood choke doesnt stop breathing

Ive been choking people for decades, multiple times per week.  You get a very good sense of just how long an efficient choke takes to put the person out.  Its another reason why you need to train often.  Not only for the muscle memory, but for getting a feel for how deeply you can sink submissions before the real damage happens 

2 Likes

Let's go Champ!

Good for him!

Hope he doesn’t see any negative consequences as a result.

cyberc92 - 

![Former heavyweight boxing champion Shannon Briggs signs deal with Bare Knuckle FC - CBSSports.com](upload://34WS3C8QZdObQir3Tm95a9OlD7V.jpeg)

is that Shannon Briggs? bro what was this attacker thinking lol

Mike. LOWERY!!!

1 Like

![](upload://hbZEXN6MCXJE30HMQ8ImY82lQRu.gif)

1 Like
Ryazzo -
cyberc92 - 

is that Shannon Briggs? bro what was this attacker thinking lol

no, I was just screwing around.

He did great!

I question if he's truly a "bjj practioner".  Lots of things were off.  Biting, acting so scared.  He may have known a basic rnc but I want to know, did he ever train at a bjj school?

Man I wouldn't be biting some diseased HIV infected drugged out dude

I will flat out say, this guy did not attend bjj No one who trains bjj resorts to biting, that's some amateur shit and would go against instincts.

This guys attitude was not one of a confident bjj practioner.  Someone his size with actual skill, would be way more calm and collected, and wouldn't embrace being called a victim. 

BringBackHeadbutts - 

I will flat out say, this guy did not attend bjj No one who trains bjj resorts to biting, that's some amateur shit and would go against instincts.

This guys attitude was not one of a confident bjj practioner.  Someone his size with actual skill, would be way more calm and collected, and wouldn't embrace being called a victim. 

Mike Tyson --an extemely highly trained combat athlete in his prime- bit someone.

Biting somone has to do with primal rage. Talking pajama wrestling classes doesn’t competely “undue” innate animal instincts.

When people get highly adrenalized, they will do all manner of stuff.

5 Likes
shen -
BringBackHeadbutts - 

Mike Tyson --an extemely highly trained combat athlete in his prime- bit someone.

Biting somone has to do with primal rage. Talking pajama wrestling classes doesn’t competely “undue” innate animal instincts.

Can confirm, have bit the FUCK out of somebody in a fight, and shoved two fingers in his fucking eye socket, and fish hooked his damn face. 

Non N00B -
shen -
BringBackHeadbutts - 

Can confirm, have bit the FUCK out of somebody in a fight, and shoved two fingers in his fucking eye socket, and fish hooked his damn face. 

This! 

There aren't any rules in a street fight. Herb Dean isn't going to save you. 

I cant believe he didn’t pull down that ding dongs  pants and kick him in the asshole after he was out.  What a tremendous waste of an opportunity 

shen - 
BringBackHeadbutts - 

while there is some truth to that, a lot of this story does not add up to me. 

I want his name, his facebook, and pictures of him at a bjj gym in a gi or at competitions.  Many people are aware of a rnc and how to apply one sufficiently in a fight. 

I'm pro jiu jitsu, so I like the message of this story, but I'm just calling it like I see it, something does not add up. 

I'll be the first to admit I'm wrong if there is in fact proof he's been at a bjj school. 

Thuggnificent -
Gancho Al Hígado -
Dead President -
Bend The Knee -

90% of the OG will tell you that martial arts training isn't needed....

A gun will do just fine.

Without a gun most OGers are 350 pound pussies. 

Yep, giant bitches who cant throw a punch and need a gun just like the faggy kids who shoot up a school because they got picked on.

So carrying makes you a “bitch” now? 

here’s the thing. I know how to fight. And I know how to gunfight (a little). 

Some situations require a firearm plain and simple. I have the right to defend myself 

for reference I’m 6’1” and 210 at the moment and I have decent exp in boxing, mt, and bjj. 

my first option is not grappling with you on the pavement.

Because I’m American (anchor babies in the house! Just kidding my dad was naturalized after moms was sent to America where her parents lived at the time so I could be born a citizen of this great country) so it doesn’t have to be!

I have the right to bear arms and I’ll for damn sure use it to protect myself and my loved ones. 

sort out the legal bs later. Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6 any fucking day. You’ll see the business end of this Glock 17 before that happens. 

signed by a moderate dem lol

BringBackHeadbutts -

Your Size doesn’t matter if the other guy is bigger than you

beep!

Douche -
Non N00B -
shen -
BringBackHeadbutts - 

This! 

There aren't any rules in a street fight. Herb Dean isn't going to save you. 

I’m not above nut shots in a street fight.