6'4" small for heavyweight boxer?

He didn't say he wanted to be world champ, I've got my first amateur fight in October and I'm 25, good luck with it.

Are you 240 now, Adam?

I'd say to go for it. There's no reason you can't be a pro HW. You've got the height and are pretty young still.

Gerry Cooney was a 6'4" heavy weight...

So if you try hard enough, you could be the next Gerry Cooney.

:)

Not too short at all.

Big Bird

"Lets be honest here Adam, you are a privileged white kid from Conneticut you have no future in boxing."

LMAO sooo true!

LOL!!

adam, if you are living in NB why don't you come down to our gym. We have a couple of x boxing pros and a competitive boxing team. You know the place. You have a lot going for you as far as MA but you need to dedicate yourself to one gym - insted of jumping around. Your only getting older. Some one as athletic as you could be pro in 4 years or less but you got to train hard and get you arse to the gym minimum 4 days a week. You have so much potential - don't waiste it bro.

Boxing sure is fun.

Adam-

Did you check out the Boxing Hall Of Fame link I posted? You're taller than most of the guys on there.

(Though obviously you've got to take into account the fact that on average heavyweights have gotten larger over time.)

jkkazmier is correct. Additionally, who am I kidding, still wrestling? My NCAA eligibility is up in a year for all intents and purposes, and even then, my school doesn't have wrestling.

Better to just go to New Britain and work takedowns and the other fun stuff.

Guys, I didn't wrestle or do subs because I thought I would make money at it - I did it because combat sports are fun. Why not add something else?

Adam from Conn, Winged Hussar