680 people arrested recently - ICE raids

FYI

Over 680 arrested in U.S. immigration raids -homeland security secretary

5 hrs ago

WASHINGTON, Feb 13 (Reuters) - U.S. immigration officers have arrested more than 680 people in recent operations, 75 percent of whom have criminal records, the homeland security chief said on Monday of actions that have alarmed immigrant rights groups.

U.S. Homeland Security Secretary John Kelly said the operations were routine and consistent with regular operations carried out by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, or ICE.

Immigration rights advocates say agents are deporting migrants indiscriminately and that the operations, which they describe as raids, do not take into account an immigrant's threat level or family ties to the United States.

Kelly said in a statement that crimes committed by the illegal immigrants ranged from homicide to driving under the influence of alcohol.

Some of the immigrants arrested had ignored final orders of deportation, according to ICE, the agency responsible for immigrant arrests and deportations. The agency did not specify its reasoning for a handful of immigrants other than that they were in the country illegally.

Former Democratic President Barack Obama was criticized for being the "deporter in chief" after he deported over 400,000 people in 2012, more than any president in a single year.

In 2014, Obama's homeland security chief issued a memo directing agents to focus on deporting a narrow slice of immigrants, namely those who had recently entered the country or committed serious felonies. Immigrants who were arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol, for example, were treated as lower priorities for deportation.

President Donald Trump promised to deport 2 million to 3 million migrants with criminal records on taking office.

At a news conference with Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau on Monday, Trump said his administration had "really done a great job" in its recent arrests of immigrants.

"We're actually taking people that are criminals, very, very, hardened criminals in some cases with a tremendous track record of abuse and problems," Trump said.

ICE said in a statement on Monday that the operations targeted immigrants in the Midwest, Los Angeles, New York, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia and San Antonio......................

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/over-680-arrested-in-us-immigration-raids-homeland-security-secretary/ar-AAmTONe?li=BBnb4R7

cool

I want that number to increase 100 fold minimum

MOAR

These people had committed serious crimes. Glad they got them and threw them out. It amazes me that liberals want criminals to stay. They are nuts.

Jack Carter -

He has a long way to reach Obama's 400,000

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/02/13/515032423/75-percent-of-immigration-raid-arrests-were-for-criminal-convictions-dhs-says

Are they really sent straight back? To where?

As much as I dislike having Trump as our president, how can you logically be upset about illegal aliens being deported?

I would never rat out a hard working illegal, but if you get deported, that's the risk you took not going through the process properly.  Took me 15 years before I could naturalize, end of the line is that way --->.

if you're in my country illegally, driving around drunk you can get the fuck out and not come back

I'm sorry, but having a criminal record should not be the only grounds. It could minor stupid shit done when young, vs. a murderous criminal drug dealer. Kick out the serious ones that pose a threat.

HotSteppa - I'm sorry, but having a criminal record should not be the only grounds. It could minor stupid shit done when young, vs. a murderous criminal drug dealer. Kick out the serious ones that pose a threat.
Ummmm that's what their doing asshat. even if they were not these pieces of trash must have broken our laws at some point. You think trump called up Mexico and asked for their dossier? Get them the phuck out! I don't care if they were caught jay walking. Let's not complicate the issue. If your here illegally and have broken any of our laws good riddance. These are not tax paying citizens were talking about, they are illegals. If they wanted to take advantage of the opportunity they wouldn't have broken any laws in the first place. I do admit I've seen less of pan handlers selling dead flowers on the highway lately.

PorkJackhammer -
Jack Carter -

He has a long way to reach Obama's 400,000
As of 2015, more than 2.5 million undocumented people had been deported by immigration authorities since President Obama took office in 2009, a total which is indeed record-setting.