6am BJJ class in El Segundo!

Andre, good luck with your class man. I don't know how you morning guys do it. I covered our 6:15 last week and rolled. I never felt like sleeping on the mat after a roll until then (of course it was with Chris "Big Ticket" Page).

go andre ttt

..uh...I meant is there a day where these is only training? sounds like you
said there is one...will that be a set day?

does "training" mean "rolling" to you eggman?

ttt for eggman's thinly veiled one-man dojo invasion!

shen- dojo invasion is so 1990's!!!

...I meant will there be a class, that focuses on training/sparring/rolling
(whatever you want to call it) without instruction (or politics or other
hindrances) for guys who train bjj that would like to get a workout in the
morning before work? jeez!! :)

lol...shen is such a troublemaker.

eggman, the plan is for there to be instruction, but there should be plenty of rolling, as well. I don't have any set "open mat" days planned right now, but I might add one if the demand is there.

Thanks.

Andre - Where in El Esgundo is VMAT? I may swing by to check it out since I work in Culver City and have to be in the office at 7:30am. =(

-B

Andre,

What kind of turnout have you gotten so far for the 6:00AM class? 

I train under Comprido here in Chicago.  I spoke with him last night after class and asked him about doing a 6:00AM class.  He is willing to do it, as long as there are enough people showing up.  He says 10 people, but I can probably get him to do it if there is 5 or 6. 

So, how has the turnout been for you?  Was there a lot of students asking for this earlybird class?

Thanks,

Drew

Hi Drew,

I didnt start the class yet, unfortunately. I have some things to work out that I wanted to get out of the way before beginning the class because I know I wont be able to get anyone to cover for me that early in the morning should I need it. Ill let you know soon, though!

Hey Andre,

We ended class last night around 8:00PM or so and the gym was pretty empty.  I posted the flyer asking people to sign their name if they had an interest in a 6:00AM class.  We actually had 4 names quickly.  Should have more today and tomorrow when people can see it before all of the classes start.  Though Comprido did warn me that the first time he has nobdy show up for a 6:00AM class will be the last time he has a 6:00AM class.  I think we are going to start off on Tuesday and Thursday and if it goes well, then move it to Mon-Fri.  I will let you know how it goes.

Drew

Hey Andre,

Are there showers etc there to use so I can head straight to the office after training? Cost of classes? Let me know when you get a chance.

Sean

Thanks, Drew!

Sean, there is a shower there (even a sauna), so you can take a shower before heading to the office.

My problem is that my wife and I are most likely taking a trip to Europe for a couple of weeks in May, so I'm hesitant to start if I'm going to have to interrupt the training while I'm gone. I may have to start the morning classes in June.

The cost will be $100/month for 5 times a week.

Damn, I wish you were located in Las Vegas Andre, there is no place here that offers early morning classes.

just checking in on these 6 am classes...it sounds like this is on hold for now?

eggman, it's on hold for now. Should be running soon. Thanks.