7000 Calories Per Day

According to the HBO crew, Pacquaio consumes 7000 calories per day, to keep his weight above 140.

Does this seem feasible??? Even allowing for Pacquaio's fast metabolism??

probably an exaggeration, but michael phelps consumed 8000 calories a day while training.

He moves in super speed like a hummingbird and works out a billion hours a day. I believe it.

The article that said he consumes 7000 calories per day also said that he burns 500 more than that per day. 

i could believe it. my first time training full time (multiples a day), i completely underestimated my bodies needs calories wise. lost 15lbs in 2 weeks taking in probably 3k calories a day. i weighed 198 went to 183.

I can eat as much as I can while only doing a fraction of the physical activity he does without gaining weight, so I believe it.

Sounds possible. During a training camp I still lose a couple pounds a week eating 3500. If he is trying to gain or maintain weight, its stands to reason that he would need over 5000.

Justinmacd - Michael Phelps ate more than I think.

These guys will be huge when they are older.

Only if they continue eating the way they do/did during training long after their athletic careers are over.

I could believe it.

When I was went from 230lbs to 190lbs I was eating over 3000 calories a day. I doubt I was training/working out as much as Pacquaio does.

darren23372 - probably an exaggeration, but michael phelps consumed 8000 calories a day while training.

Whats the exaggeration? If you eat 3 bigmacs and 2 fries per day that's 10,000 cals.

SpiderRicco - 
darren23372 - probably an exaggeration, but michael phelps consumed 8000 calories a day while training.

Whats the exaggeration? If you eat 3 bigmacs and 2 fries per day that's 10,000 cals.

Actually that would be 2738 cals. 142grams Fat, 280grams Carbs and 85grams protein. If you had two large fries with your three big macs.

molsonman - 
SpiderRicco - 

Actually that would be 2738 cals. 142grams Fat, 280grams Carbs and 85grams protein. If you had two large fries with your three big macs.

Nice, glad someone looked it up. Cause i knew the dude was way off on that.

he must have a fast metabolism if he can eat that much and stay that skinny.

7000 sounds a bit much considering his size but up round 4-5g i can buy that

That's when in training.

groundfighter2000 - 
Justinmacd - Michael Phelps ate more than I think.

These guys will be huge when they are older.

Only if they continue eating the way they do/did during training long after their athletic careers are over.

And a lot of them do, I remember Jordan got pretty hefty for a while there.

During the actual Olympics Phelps supposedly was eating 12K calories a day at one point. This was during his insane run of 8 golds (which included the qualifiers, heats and finals for all 8 events, meaning 24 competitive races, and an extensive warm up and cool down for all 24 races) He was swimming miles and miles a day for about a week.

With as much as Pac would be working at and the intensity at which he moves, I could believe he eats 7K a day. Roach made comments about how they had to feed him 5 times a day just to keep him on weight. Both Roach and Pac said in an absolute sense "No more going up in weight, because it's just not possible"

I've eaten 10k for a while. Lots of shakes, ice cream, milk, meat and cheese. Some bread/pasta or grains.

My teeth wore down my gut got big and my ass got fat(for a 4% body fat person).

You get sick of food after about a month-2 of it. You are working so hard you get cravings, steak, seafood, burgers. If you eat anything less than red meat you can feel your muscles not rebuild as well.

Everything starts to taste bland if not very very well made. You find yourself seeking Anthony Zimmern type of dare foods, just to taste something different. Fried pig anus? Sure, why not.

You want to punch someone every time you eat a sandwich.

You go through sauces, bbq, ranch, spicy mustard, chipotle, then you get into the hard stuff, you snort tabasco, drop Red devil on your pupils, and use habanera juice straight ON YOUR CEREAL

Ok I went a little overboard but point being it sucks and unless you have a chef it gets tedious and isn't smart/advisible for most people that don't do any physical worh.

groundfighter2000 - 
molsonman - 
SpiderRicco - 

Nice, glad someone looked it up. Cause i knew the dude was way off on that.

screw both of you

It definitely works.

I consume 7,000 calories a day and my weight easily stays above 140.