8 inch Knife vs 2 foot metal bar

Which would you rather have in a one on one fight? Phone Post

that which is longer

First...metal bar Phone Post

Metal bar Phone Post

knife. Think of the bar as the striker and the knife as the BJJ.

Bar anyday. Phone Post

Vitor29 -
Letibleu -

knife. Think of the bar as the striker and the knife as the BJJ.

In what universe is that an apt comparison? Phone Post

The dude with the knife will end up on the floor? Phone Post

Metal bar. Phone Post

If you have a knife with an 8" blade that is sharp I would prefer this to a metal bar that is longer.

Bar has length but you have to get a good shot in to the head to finish him... you can also grab a bar as it is not sharp.

A knife is shorter but you cant defend against it as easily and one clean shot to the chest/body, neck or top of thigh and its over.

wait, 8" knife or 8" blade? An 8" inch blade is some crocodile dundee shit, and 8" knife, not so much...

unless you freeze with the knife, the person with the bar only has 1 chance for serious damage.

The only way to inflict serious damage with the bar is to swing. Small swings will hurt but a dude with a knife will not be stopped. A big swig can really damage the person, but you only get 1 shot.

Say that big swing lands. If its blocked by an arm, the worst case scenerio is the guy with the knife has a broken arm or hand but keeps coming. Then you have to drop the bar to grapple. Game over.

I am not saying the bar will not inflict damage, I am saying the knife will triumph.

Like a BJJ guy having to get past strikes to grapple. Once he is past the pocket, game over.

Knife

You can trade blows, defend with an arm

Reminds me of this

I would much rather have a knife Phone Post

MentaL - 
Letibleu - 

Reminds me of this

I was tought to block a baseball bat with the forearm. My old trainer used this method and it saved his life. He had a lovelys car on his arm from it but he survived to live another day. 

Worst that can happen is your radius and ulna shatter and you get a compound fracture. You can then use the bones sticking out to stab your opponents jugular. Game over.

Letibleu - 

Reminds me of this

Not sure what the hell he is talking about, that would be fucking AMAZING to see in a fight. The BB bat one is 100% kick ass!

Letibleu - 
MentaL - 
Letibleu - 

Reminds me of this

I was tought to block a baseball bat with the forearm. My old trainer used this method and it saved his life. He had a lovelys car on his arm from it but he survived to live another day. 

Worst that can happen is your radius and ulna shatter and you get a compound fracture. You can then use the bones sticking out to stab your opponents jugular. Game over.

This man knows^^^^

BrocksSwockRanTrane_onShane - 
Letibleu - 
MentaL - 
Letibleu - 

Reminds me of this

This man knows^^^^

I once turned down a sponsor offer from Nikey. True Story.

In a life or death situation, I'd certainly take the knife. I don't think metal bars deal anywhere near enough damage to make up for how slow and clumsy they are. Knives are quick, versatile, and cause huge amounts of damage.

Knife Phone Post