8 Man UFC LW Tournament Matchups?

Lets say that the UFC decides to hold an 8 Man Tourney for The LW division similar to how Strikeforce is holding a HW Tournament. I would assume that BJ Penn would want in on this tournament, but I think KenFlo would stay at 145 to vie for that belt. So with Penn in, my picks for the tournament would be:

Frankie
Gray
BJ
Miller
Guillard
Guida
Sherk
Siver

I thought about Pettis, Tibau, Henderson, Sotiropoulos, Dunham, and Bocek, but ultimately I felt that these 8 guys would be the best of what's in store as far as the UFC Lightweights.

WIth that being said, the matchups would look like this is the first round:

Frankie
Siver

Gray
Sherk

Miller
Guillard

Guida
Penn

Winner of Frankie/Siver faces Winner of Guida/Penn while Winner of Gray/Sherk faces Winner of Miller/Guillard.

How do you see this tournament going, who would you be rooting for, and how do you expect these fights to play out as far as match-ups and styles?

Personally, I had Frankie beat Siver who went on to face BJ Penn who beat Guida. Also, I had Gray beat Sherk and I had Guillard upset Miller. In the end I had Frankie facing Guillard in the finals, and Frankie battling out a gutsy back-and-forth 5 round decision.

What do you guys think?

have penn fight Miller instead of guida.

penn would crush guida in a heartbeat

Penn/Miller would be epic! Phone Post

Shope_1990 - Penn/Miller would be epic! Phone Post

Agreed! Phone Post

I like that idea too, I did Penn Guida because thats like the 3 seed against the 6 seed and Guillard and Miller are like the 4 and 5. But if this should be similar to the Strikeforce tournament, I should probably stack one side and see who climbs through. Good idea.

i would take out siver and sherk and put in pettis and henderson. siver is overrated and sherk is getting old, couple that with his injuries and theres no way he's competitive in this tourny imo Phone Post

these threads are lame because a they are make believe and b they will never happen

stop with the pretend matchups.they always break my heart

I like the matchups but would probably take out Sherk and add Pettis and it would be good. Phone Post